Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Checking in at AUA for the flight home..

If you're too early you can read or listen to some music. If you're late, you're hosed. Most people don't really do anything significant on the last day anyway, so an extra 30 minutes to be early isn't ruin a vacation like missing a flight would.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out - haha! I already wish I didn't have to leave! Enjoy your time in Aruba - I'll be sure to leave some sun & drinks for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    Cupidgirl, I will be happily getting off of the flight from Philadelphia to Aruba on Sunday! It can't get here soon enough for me. I will be the one with the big grin on my face....but then again, that will probably be everyone getting off of the plane in Aruba! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
    In response others - It's good to know Sunday's are a little less crazy ... I may follow Bully's lead and leave at 10:30, just to maybe catch a few more minutes in Aruba. :-P

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it ... we have our transport to/from the hotel included in our trip package. I've asked about it before & most said it will most likely be DePalm buses ... do they set a time up with you when you arrive or do they just make constant rotations to the hotels? I know everyone suggests to just bag the bus all-together & either rent a car or take a taxi/Bully, but it's already been booked & with wedding planning, having to cancel that is way at the bottom of my list - haha!

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    In response others - It's good to know Sunday's are a little less crazy ... I may follow Bully's lead and leave at 10:30, just to maybe catch a few more minutes in Aruba. :-P

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it ... we have our transport to/from the hotel included in our trip package. I've asked about it before & most said it will most likely be DePalm buses ... do they set a time up with you when you arrive or do they just make constant rotations to the hotels? I know everyone suggests to just bag the bus all-together & either rent a car or take a taxi/Bully, but it's already been booked & with wedding planning, having to cancel that is way at the bottom of my list - haha!
    Actually, Sunday is the second busiest day at the airport after Saturday. But, going thru downtown on a Sunday will be a breeze AND (most importantly) you have one of the earlier flights out of Aruba so you will not hit the 2pm-4pm crunch of people all trying to depart around the same time on various airlines.

When we used the DePalm buses (many moons ago in the late 90's), they would give you a time to be ready with luggage in the lobby for your pick-up. It usually worked out fine but one time they were a little late in picking us up and we were getting a little anxious watching our time tick away while waiting in the lobby. All was fine though.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

When we departed on 7/16, Bully picked us up at 10:00 for a 1:05 departure. No line at Continental and we buzzed through. Immigration slowed a little as a large family with a person in a wheelchair was ahead of us. Shopped Duty-Free and cruised through Security. Pcked-up luggage and got to Customs to find an agent with my mother-in-laws maiden name. Had a great chat about possible family ties and got to the Crying Room with enough time for lunch, drinks and more shopping, along with a few minutes on the slots.
    We never mind the three hour rule because the airport is really user-friendly.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12