Aruba Beach

Thread: Checking Luggage online with Delta

Checking Luggage online with Delta

I have a flight leaving tomorrow. I have one piece of luggage that I checked online. I filled out all the passport and passenger information and I said that it was 50 lbs or less. However, what if it actually turns out to be more than 50 lbs? When I arrive at the airport even though I already did checked baggage online, will my checked luggage get weighed? I am willing to pay the extra fee I just want to make sure I don't get in trouble for claiming it was less than 50 lbs and it turning out to be more.

Aruba since 1979
    you will be fine
    if it is over 50 lbs you will be charged the fee

(if they think you lied deliberately, they will toss you in jail.....will give me your boarding pass, and i will get to go instead.)

seriously though, no sweat if it is overweight. you will not get yelled at or anything.

have a ball, enjoy the sun, ocean and safe travels
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by bella90210 View Post
    I have a flight leaving tomorrow. I have one piece of luggage that I checked online. I filled out all the passport and passenger information and I said that it was 50 lbs or less. However, what if it actually turns out to be more than 50 lbs? When I arrive at the airport even though I already did checked baggage online, will my checked luggage get weighed? I am willing to pay the extra fee I just want to make sure I don't get in trouble for claiming it was less than 50 lbs and it turning out to be more.

We just checked in online for an international flight this last time to Aruba.

When you arrive at the airport at Hartsfiedl ATL at least, you must still go inside the airport and wait in line to drop off your luggage with the representative.

They weigh your luggage, check your paperwork including passports and then issue tags for your carry ons.

YES, you are still allowed on carry on and one "personal item" but due to limitations on baggage on domestic flights they now issue "special tags" for carry ons as well. Just what we all need, more confusion in air travel.