Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: checking in for your flight

checking in for your flight

Having taken numerous flights IN the US I can go online and get my boarding passes 24 hours ahead of time.

Do you do the same with Aruba coming back to the states? or because its international you gotta wait til you get to the airport.?

Print boarding pass

Did you decide you are going to take carry ons only? You can print your boarding pass at your resort, but if you have luggage you will have to check in at the airport in Aruba in order to drop off your luggage.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    like lisa said, we do carry on only and i printed my boarding passes in aruba for the return flight. this way you just go. but how come on the flight down, they don't give you the declaration form for the way back. we were lucky that one of the employees there just went up to the counter to get us one. i'm thinking of telling the flight attendant we screwed ours up on the way down so she gives us an extra one.

Also, is it not dependent upon whether or not your airline has your passport number on file?

I would imagine each airline handles this differently?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i think that's true, lisa, because i know my airline has my passport number on file. i think they have to have it on file or you have to present your passport.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    i think they have to have it on file or you have to present your passport.
    So if I get this straight, if your airline does not store passport numbers, you will have to check in at the counter in Aruba in order to have your passport verified?

AND that is even if you have carry on only?

last year when we were going to aruba, i didn't have my passport number stored in my account with continental. i was having trouble printing my boarding pass from home. i had to do it at the airport. but when i called continental, she stored my passport number. at the airport, i printed my boarding pass and they told me now that my passport number was stored, i can print it from a computer at home or anywhere. when i was in aruba, i was able to print my return boarding pass from a computer there and didn't have to do it at the airport. now i can only answer for carry on because that's all i take. i don't know about those who check luggage.

but that's what they told me at continental. and i didn't have a problem printing it in aruba. so i'm assuming its true.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    li don't know about those who check luggage.
    For clarification then, if you have luggage you must check in at the airport regardless of whether you have the boarding pass in hand or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    For clarification then, if you have luggage you must check in at the airport regardless of whether you have the boarding pass in hand or not.
    Correct!

But...because they have self-checkin kiosks at the Aruba airport now, they also have special lines set up for baggage drops. So as long as you have your boarding pass in hand (whether printed at the hotel or at the kiosk), just go to the line for the baggage drop instead.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amy do all the airlines have kiosks and baggage drop off?

I believe Serene is flying US Air?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast