Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compliments to United Airlines ... Thanks!

Talking Compliments to United Airlines ... Thanks!

I had some problems with flights scheduled with United Airlines. I am a loyal flyer with United and Marriott Hotels.

I always get First Class tickets since my wife doesn't "always" enjoy the flying experience. Their were schedule changes..... so I called United.

By the time we were done talking with United Reservations they had :

Rebooked BOTH of us in First Class with "Saver" award miles ... No Charge
    Refunded my First Class Tickets .... $1200.00 each
    Got me to Aruba for an "Extra" week....
    I traded a timeshare week for a Marriott Ocean Club Master Suite....
    I traded a timeshare week for a Marriott Surf Club Master Suite ...
    United gave me a travel voucher.....
    and spending an extra week in Aruba ..... PRICELESS!!!!
    Thank You United Airlines!!!!!! I am so happy I can't stand it!!!
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    i am green with envy.

I am greener, Happy 4 U, have great trips

Holy Moly !!!!! Zippy, I can not imagine what they did to you,,,,that got you all that, but I am seriously impressed...
    I hate United...simply because when I book flights with USAir for business and if I get a leg of the journey with United I can never seem to get them to help me out if I end up being able to leave early...so I end up sitting at the airport because they want to charge me change fees...even though the ticket originated with USAir....so, long story short...

You da Man !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Although generally have been satisfied with United over the years, this past flight does not fit that category.

Flew into Chicago Saturday March 20 arriving 6:15 with a 9:07 connecting flight at gate C6. flight shown on-time. 7:30 gate change to F7B, still on time. Walked to gate F7B, flight shown as on-time with boarding at 8:45. Board is saying flight is full and asking for anyone who would like to take a later flight. At 8:40 announcement that flight is cancelled due to no flight crew.

Walk to customer service and are told next available flight is Monday morning. They did offer lodging vouchers. 7of us rented a van and made the 4 hour drive to the Green Bay airport. We then had another 1 1/2 hour drive to our home. Monday I called United customer service to get a refund for the last leg of our flight. Talked to three different agents and all sauiid no refund because that flight had no value!!!! GRRRRRRRR!
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Monday I called United customer service to get a refund for the last leg of our flight. Talked to three different agents and all sauiid no refund because that flight had no value!!!! GRRRRRRRR!
    I hope you continue to pursue this further.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I hope you continue to pursue this further.
    Hello Lisa, at this point I have submitted a 'request for refund'. I'll wait to see what happens within the 7 day processing timeframe. The customer service agents I spoke to said that the price of our ticket from Green Bay to Aruba was the same as the price of a ticket from Chicago to Aruba thus the GB - Chicago segement had no value. I'm only hoping to cover our portion of the van rental costs.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Snidely, do you live in green bay? my husband is from howard!!

Unfortunately Snidely ... that's how they do refunds. The whole ticket or nothing at all. Airlines will not do a refund on "part" of a flight. I experienced this one year with JetBlue. They cancelled the flight CMH-LGA. I had CMH-LGA-AUA. I had to book different tickets on Delta from CMH-LGA. JetBlue would not grant me a refund on the "partial" flight of CMH-LGA....
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

They won't refund you but they can give you vouchers for the next flight. We went through HELL on our way home from Aruba in December (see my Dec. report) and US Air gave all three of us $200 in vouchers which we used for booking our next trip.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast