Aruba Beach

Thread: connecting in atlanta on delta

mrk

connecting in atlanta on delta

Hi- I'm considering flights for this January from Pittsburgh to Aruba on Delta. The layover is only 1 hr 14 min. I usually fly USAir to Aruba and have never connected in Atlanta. Does anyone have any experience with this airport and is this enough time to connect? I'm not sure if I'd have to get to another terminal once in Atlanta, which would make a one hr connection very tight. The price is about $200 less on Delta than USAir. Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    as long as you have the hour and 14 min you are good!
    hopefully you are not delayed cutting into your layover time.

the atlanta airport's size and many terminals tend to get people a bit freaked...but they have a fantastic train/tram system and getting from point A to point D is pretty straightforward.
    the trains are very frequent and easy to get on and off.

i would even wager that if your layover was only 45 min you'd still be good!

go for it and keep the $$ in your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrk View Post
    Hi- I'm considering flights for this January from Pittsburgh to Aruba on Delta. The layover is only 1 hr 14 min. I usually fly USAir to Aruba and have never connected in Atlanta. Does anyone have any experience with this airport and is this enough time to connect? I'm not sure if I'd have to get to another terminal once in Atlanta, which would make a one hr connection very tight. The price is about $200 less on Delta than USAir. Thanks!

We booked through Delta DCA-ATL-AUA last year because of the price and they ended up changing our DCA to ATL flight time so it cut our connection even shorter, we started out with an hour 15 min and after the flight change it was around 45 min. I didn't want to start our trip stressed out and rushing and since they made the change we were able to cancel with a refund and it our case it worked out for the best. That is my one and only experience with Delta, so I don't know if this is something that they do frequently or not. Maybe someone who flies them more frequently can chime in?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We fly to Aruba twice a year MSP-ATL-AUA and now we only use Delta since we're both Medallion members. Our connection time on the way to Aruba is usually 58 minutes and we almost always need to take the tram to a different concourse. Knock on wood, we've never had any issues. We almost always arrive into ATL early because the airlines "pad" their flight times. Generally, the earlier the flight, the less chance of delays. Now, on the return flight which leaves AUA in the late afternoon, I would never do less than 1 and a 1/2 hours because by that time too many back-ups/delays may have ocurred that could effect your flight.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Hi,
    We always connect through Atlanta from Milwaukee flying into Aruba and we only get an hour or less. This year we have 55 minutes between connection. I am almost always a nervous wreck about it but my husband calm as can be. Anyway with those trams they have you are from Concourse A to Concourse E in minutes so you will most certainly have plenty of time.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We have connected thru ATL the last 2 years from TUL. 55 minutes between flights. The only problem we have had is the wheel chair service. Last year I had to wheel wifey thru the airport because they didnt have anyone there to do it even though her ticket clearly shows wheel chair request. This year she flew with my gd who is 18 and never been to Aruba before. Same deal again with Delta. She tried to get the delta agent to call someone but she kept helping other customers and said she would call soon. Finally my wife told her that our flight was about to leave and the attendant got all excited and called for somebody. A young lady showed up and they litteraly ran through the airport pushing a wheel chair. The flight had to be held at the gate for 5 minutes to allow them to board. 55 minutes is plenty if those jerks would take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    We have connected thru ATL the last 2 years from TUL. 55 minutes between flights. The only problem we have had is the wheel chair service. Last year I had to wheel wifey thru the airport because they didnt have anyone there to do it even though her ticket clearly shows wheel chair request. This year she flew with my gd who is 18 and never been to Aruba before. Same deal again with Delta. She tried to get the delta agent to call someone but she kept helping other customers and said she would call soon. Finally my wife told her that our flight was about to leave and the attendant got all excited and called for somebody. A young lady showed up and they litteraly ran through the airport pushing a wheel chair. The flight had to be held at the gate for 5 minutes to allow them to board. 55 minutes is plenty if those jerks would take care of business.
    Probably a stupid question, but you do request the wheelchair in advance and have it listed on your itinerary? I am surprised that you have had issues. My parents flew DL almost exclusively and always had the wheelchair attendants waiting.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but you do request the wheelchair in advance and have it listed on your itinerary? I am surprised that you have had issues. My parents flew DL almost exclusively and always had the wheelchair attendants waiting.
    Yes, we always request the wheel chair when we buy tickets. You may not have read the part of my post that says the ticket clearly shows the wheel chair request.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Yes, we always request the wheel chair when we buy tickets. You may not have read the part of my post that says the ticket clearly shows the wheel chair request.
    Sorry

If you have not done so already, perhaps try contacting Delta via http://www.delta.com/contactus/pages...aint/index.jsp and cite the AIR CARRIER ACCESS ACT http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...abilities.html

Have flown PIT-AUA on Delta several times and have never had an issue. Not sure what flights you are on, but you should not have any difficulty getting to your connection.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME