Aruba Beach

Thread: Continental

Continental

In my "Aruba Story" I said that Continental tried to ruin our vacation by charging us $100 for 2 lbs over weight. We flew first class and had read that you can pack up to 70 lbs. My suitcase was 52 lbs. I could have taken 2 suitcases 50 lbs each, but not one for 52lbs. I KNOW I didn't need 52 lbs of stuff, but I did. Leaving Aruba, they didn't weigh it because we were flying 1st class---well anyway, when we got back home, my husband called Continental, and they gave us the $100 back. I just could not believe it, but they did. I wanted to let you guys know that all turned out ok. The only BAD thing is that we are home and not in Aruba.
    Pat

i can't believe they did that to you, i'm glad chuck is getting the money back. My first time flying 1st class, down and home, OMG spoiled me, have no points left to do it next trip, will have to work on it

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    That's great that they refunded you the money! I would've been taking things out and stuffing it in my carry on. That's just crazy for 2lbs!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    That's great that they refunded you the money! I would've been taking things out and stuffing it in my carry on. That's just crazy for 2lbs!
    They said we could switch things around, but we had waited so long to get thru the darned line that I told them to forget it. I was really upset and wanted to get to the gate. When we left our hotel in Aruba, that is exactly what I did, I put about 2 lbs in my carry on and then they didn't even weigh the luggage Then I had to carry that darned heavy bag. You just can't win. LOL LOL
    Pat

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Glad you got your money back. its just plain crazy that you have to pay high fairs and then get charged for you luggage!

Thanks for sharing, Im normally a lite packer but now I will keep the weight limits in mind!
    Sounds like they have some fairly decent customer service, being that I have never flown with Continental Im kind of nervous about my luggage being lost, delays, and all that noise that comes along with intl. travel.