Aruba Beach

Thread: Copa Air

Banned

Copa Air

Does anyone have any experience with Copa Air? They layover in Panama prior to going to AUA.

Aruba since 1979
    no experience with copa air

i was looking at their site and priced out a r/t ticket for a week in may sat to sat and from LAX to AUA - AUA to LAX it was over $1200

Banned
    Thanks. Right now it is the cheapest flight out of Dulles for week 27.

Aruba since 1979
    departure aruba to panama to dulles ??

what terminal does copa leave from in aruba? USA or the NON USA terminal? (will google it)

many many folks (including me) probably have no idea that COPA could be a feasible option for their travels to and from aruba.

From what I gleaned from Flyertalk a few years ago - Copa Air is run by Continental - hence the Co for Continental and the pa for Panama. I was looking at them to fly to Buenos Aires and Flyertalk people said it was a good airline.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks lindavh

There is way too much misinformation on flyertalk to trust anything you read there. I'm sure some of them mean well, but far too many are not well informed.

he airline was established as Compañía Panameña de Aviación (hence the acronym COPA) on June 21, 1944 and started operations on August 15, 1947.
    In 1998, Continental Airlines acquired 49% of the airline, marking the beginning of a comprehensive marketing and operating alliance. On 19 May 1999 Continental increased its stake to 51%. Since then, it has adopted a livery and a corporate logo which are similar to those of Continental in order to represent their alliance, and participates in the OnePass frequent flyer program. However, in connection with the initial public offering in December 2005, Continental reduced its investment from 49% to approximately 27.3% and through a follow-on offering in 2006, Continental further reduced its investment to approximately 10.0%
    In May 2008, Continental Airlines sold its remaining 4.38 million shares of Copa
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Airlines

I disagree with you about Flyertalk but that is MY opinion - I did say it was a few years ago that I asked - as in 3 or 4 years ago.

For what its worth, Wikipedia is a site that allows anyone to add information to an entry. Who's to say that the people contributing to Wiki are more knowledable than the ones on Flyer Talk? Just playing devils advocate here.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by trnst7 View Post
    For what its worth, Wikipedia is a site that allows anyone to add information to an entry. Who's to say that the people contributing to Wiki are more knowledable than the ones on Flyer Talk? Just playing devils advocate here.
    It's the one site that had all of the information in one location, it is all correct in this case. A quick google search verifies that.