Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Credit Card Points for Air Travel.......an interesting article

Aruba since 1979

Credit Card Points for Air Travel.......an interesting article

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/cred...LAD-A-a1-c4-d2

we have the SWA chase, but we pay $0 fee

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    Here in Canada, we still have to pay the taxes and fees on the flights but at least it's better then paying full price. We used our points for this upcoming trip to Aruba. One good thing about our card is that there are no black out dates and we can fly on any airline.
    Aruba Trip #8....March 2018..

Aruba since 1979
    we too in the USA are required to pay taxes/fees on the flights

have AA master card and points transfer for miles, but its difficult to get the flights you want for the dates, times and miles you want.....was so much better with USAir....(oh no,,,,there I go again trashing american airlines......) !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We use the Capitol 1 Venture business card. We always get reimbursed 100% for travel charged to the card with their posts. It works out great for us.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I have followed the Points Guy and OMAAT for years. Both offer great points and air travel advice and reviews. DW and I have had the AA Master Card for several years now, it has good benefits for the yearly fee. We use it for almost everything, pay it off monthly and score a ton of miles. DD56, I don't know why you have such a dislike for AA. Believe me, I fly with them often (last flight was this past Thursday) and think they have pretty good service and even the food is good. When booking a flight using miles, flexibility is key. I don't expect to set my dates, times, and locations for the least amount of miles possible every time. Most recently I booked two non stop, round trip, first class flights to NYC for 60,000 miles. That's only 30,000 miles per person. I think that's a pretty good deal. But this forum is about everyone having their own opinions. That said, I don't care for Fiats.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We use the Capitol 1 Venture business card. We always get reimbursed 100% for travel charged to the card with their posts. It works out great for us.
    We also use the Capitol One card and have had great success using it to pay for travel expenses. I just got the SWA card, since we booked SW flights this year.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Like Andrea I like my SWA... all my return trips home are basically free. (weird I have to "pay" to go to my favorite island... but they pay to send me home)

I love the Jet Blue card/points program.

I've had the AA Master Card for year. Years ago I went on a Mexican Riviera Cruise out of Los Angeles and I was able to score 2 1st class tickets on American Airlines from NY to LAX. Earlier this year in March I used miles for 2 first class tickets to Puerto Rico which came out to 60,000 miles. The taxes were $5.00 each. I thought with Capitol One Card you can use the card with any airline?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast