Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Credit Card Points for Air Travel.......an interesting article

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    ...I thought with Capitol One Card you can use the card with any airline?
    That's right. Any airline charge or any other charge. You just apply your accumulated points to an item or items charged to your account.

Also if you're shy on points, you have three months to catch up and then take the credit. So far we've used it for airfare, accommodations and car rental. We also had a rental car damaged while parked in Aruba one trip and they covered the whole expense.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I've had the AA Master Card for year. Years ago I went on a Mexican Riviera Cruise out of Los Angeles and I was able to score 2 1st class tickets on American Airlines from NY to LAX. Earlier this year in March I used miles for 2 first class tickets to Puerto Rico which came out to 60,000 miles. The taxes were $5.00 each. I thought with Capitol One Card you can use the card with any airline?
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

mjh
    Don't usually comment on the threads but couldn't resist. We use Chase Sapphire which permits booking any flight any time and the points are at a 20% discount. It is the best deal. A $500 flight costs $400 in points (40,000). If I don't have enough points to book our flights, I use the airline card to purchase the other ticket so that we also get free luggage. Hope this helps.

My sister pays all her bills with her SWA card every month.. then she pays it off when the statement comes in.
    She then has enough points to travel.

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    My sister pays all her bills with her SWA card every month.. then she pays it off when the statement comes in.
    She then has enough points to travel.
    That's what we do brady bear, we use our card to pay for pretty much everything. we've accumulated so many points we've got our flights already taken care of for our next 2 trips.
    Last edited by dq1974; 06-20-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    Aruba Trip #8....March 2018..

Points build quickly, especially when you use your card for everything. I have only recently begun using points but have already earned enough for a free ticket that I used in April, another one is booked next week with points and I too have enough for 2 more flights that don't involve holidays. I can't believe I missed the boat on points before but I am trying to make up for lost time now.

Aruba since 1979
    we use it for EVERYTHING (SWA card CHASE).....ranging from groceries, to car insurance, to property taxes, to HOA monthly fee, to gas.

Our state/town charges a fee if you want to pay taxes/bills with a CC.

Aruba since 1979
    we are lucky here.
    so far no fee (knock wood)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Our state/town charges a fee if you want to pay taxes/bills with a CC.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh View Post
    Don't usually comment on the threads but couldn't resist. We use Chase Sapphire which permits booking any flight any time and the points are at a 20% discount. It is the best deal. A $500 flight costs $400 in points (40,000). If I don't have enough points to book our flights, I use the airline card to purchase the other ticket so that we also get free luggage. Hope this helps.
    That sounds awesome!

Capitol One card points I've used to pay for car rental, daily taxes from LaCabana - anything travel related that you charge on their card.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast