Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: curious about a flight i booked.

Cool curious about a flight i booked.

I booked a flight from DCA washington to AUA on American Airlines. I leave the 1st of nov. thru the 8th. Since this will be my first flight without my mom. I booked it with a friend. The lowest i could find was 419 but with tax ended up at 520.70 per person with tax. This is with one layover both ways in MIA for over two hours.. (miami florida) When looking through us airways which i tend to fly more it was over 700 dollars with 2+ layovers. Did i get a deal or should i look somewhere else? Does anyone know how long the flight is from Balitmore/Dc area if it was non-stop as well? How is customs there as well? easy to get through? Thanks a lot. Kaitland

Aruba since 1979
    you got an OK deal
    not terrific but certainly not at all bad

the baltimore flights connect thru miami too on american and thru charlotte on usair and thru atlanta on delta anyway you look at it, it is about 6 +/-hrs including the stops and transfers.

the lucky travelers are the ones in the northeast ny, nj, boston area
    more flights, more selections, better pricing (usually)

you did fine
    now is the time to plan your vacation not 2nd guess your flights.
    you did well

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by kbtraveler View Post
    I booked a flight from DCA washington to AUA on American Airlines. I leave the 1st of nov. thru the 8th. Since this will be my first flight without my mom. I booked it with a friend. The lowest i could find was 419 but with tax ended up at 520.70 per person with tax. This is with one layover both ways in MIA for over two hours.. (miami florida) When looking through us airways which i tend to fly more it was over 700 dollars with 2+ layovers. Did i get a deal or should i look somewhere else? Does anyone know how long the flight is from Balitmore/Dc area if it was non-stop as well? How is customs there as well? easy to get through? Thanks a lot. Kaitland

Aruba since 1979
    i forgot to say

welcome to ATA's community forum

andrea

We paid about that for a ticket from Atlanta on Delta last year. In years past have paid more! You didn't do too bad. Like Andrea said, don't second guess, relax and enjoy!

Flight times should be listed on your itinerary. If you are flying after the U.S. changes clocks back to standard time, the U.S. will be one hour "behind" Aruba time. Flight times will be listed as the time for the city.

When you depart Aruba you will also be going through US Immigrations and US Customs. There is a very thorough description of the process at http://www.orrin.org/aruba/. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to "airport notes".

Sounds like an average price and having a decent length layover is never a bad thing. It gives you, and your bags, time to make the next flight. Aruban customs is not difficult at all, though the line may take 20 or 30 minutes if other flights arrive at the same time yours does.

Thanks.

Thanks so much on the info. I actually just canceled that flight. My moms boss had tons of free tickets from flying so much. So im flying FREEE. :-) I'm flying jet blue which ive never been on. But did end up getting free coach seats. Sadly i think its a big layover. Either way i'll be there first of november. Wish me luck.

Aruba since 1979
    free is ALWAYS good
    long layover.......ipod or laptop for entertainment

andrea

Thanks so much on the info. I actually just canceled that flight. My moms boss had tons of free tickets from flying so much. So im flying FREEE. :-) I'm flying jet blue which ive never been on. But did end up getting free coach seats. Sadly i think its a big layover. Either way i'll be there first of november. Wish me luck.

Can I ask how you go the free tickets for Jet Blue. They do not allow sharing of Jet Blue Points. I'm just curious. Share the info for free tickets!!!!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Aruba since 1979
    re: jet blue reward travel

a jet blue traveler collects miles/points.
    he/she can redeem those for air tix one way or r/t.
    those air tix can be issued to whomever the mile/point owner designates.
    (we have done this for jet blue to florida from portland me and from boston)
    or is there something that i am misunderstanding about your question anthony?

andrea
    [quote=Sgroi135;151812]Can I ask how you go the free tickets for Jet Blue. They do not allow sharing of Jet Blue Points. I'm just curious. Share the info for free tickets!!!![/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: jet blue reward travel

a jet blue traveler collects miles/points.
    he/she can redeem those for air tix one way or r/t.
    those air tix can be issued to whomever the mile/point owner designates.
    (we have done this for jet blue to florida from portland me and from boston)
    or is there something that i am misunderstanding about your question anthony?
    I was under the assumption that tickets points could not be transferred. I was told that my wife and I would both need to collect points to get tickets. So you are saying that I could accumulate points and then use them to purchase tickets for me and my wife? (and even kids if i have enough)?

I was looking at getting the Amex card from Jet Blue for the points. But I was told that me and my wife would both need the card, If she wanted to be able to get a ticket from points.
    Decided to take down my timer!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast