pier
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Customs Forms

Customs Forms

Does anyone know if you can pick up the customs forms from the airport a few days before your plane takes off? Just to have them already filled out when you get to the airport.

I don't know if you can. I fly United or USAir to AUA and these forms are always handed out on the plane.

I am talking about the forms that you get at AUA. You have to have these to go thru customes on your way home. The reason I ask is that my husband gets a wheelchair to go thru the airport in Aruba, and these have to be filled out before customs, and they take him thru the line before other people. We are kinda rushed to get them filled out, and he stresses out. Just wanted to take that off of him. If we can't then he will just have to stress out. LOL (when daddy is stressed we all are stressed LOL LOL)

We've always gotten the US custom forms from the flight attendant on our flight into Aruba when they hand out the other forms that we need for arrival into Aruba. If you're coming from a different country, maybe it's different though.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    I am talking about the forms that you get at AUA. You have to have these to go thru customes on your way home. The reason I ask is that my husband gets a wheelchair to go thru the airport in Aruba, and these have to be filled out before customs, and they take him thru the line before other people. We are kinda rushed to get them filled out, and he stresses out. Just wanted to take that off of him. If we can't then he will just have to stress out. LOL (when daddy is stressed we all are stressed LOL LOL)
    I would ask the airline if it's possible to get it in advance before departure from AUA. I know what you mean - we are always juggling our carry-on stuff around trying to fill out our form before entering the security area - no places to sit to do this!

Corona, the form handed out to each person on the plane when arriving in Aruba is a different form which is for Aruba Immigration. They take part of that form when you arrive through Aruba Immigration and give you the other part that is turned in when you depart Aruba.

I believe Love Aruba is talking about the form on which you declare your purchases for Customs upon leaving the island. This is given to you typically when you check in and is one form per family, not per person.

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    Corona, the form handed out to each person on the plane when arriving in Aruba is a different form which is for Aruba Immigration. They take part of that form when you arrive through Aruba Immigration and give you the other part that is turned in when you depart Aruba.

I believe Love Aruba is talking about the form on which you declare your purchases for Customs upon leaving the island. This is given to you typically when you check in and is one form per family, not per person.
    That's the form I'm talking about too. We've always gotten both forms (the Aruba Immigration form and the US Customs form used at departure) at the same time on the different airlines we've flown in on. Maybe not all airlines give them out on the incoming flights. It is much handier to fill out the customs forms before leaving the hotel.
    Next Aruba trip in

Interesting. We've never gotten the customs form on the flight down. We've only flow USAir, AA or Jet Blue, though. It would be nice if they all adopted that policy to make it easier on us upon departure! Good info to know. Thanks!

Thanks you guys! I will check with the flight going to Aruba, but we haven't gotten them before. If not, I will check at the airport before we leave.
    Thanks again for all your help!
    Pat

That's curious, EHampite, because we just flew in on USAirways, and we got both forms. We usually use USAirways, and I wish I could remember the other airline(s) we've used (I know it's Delta &/or AA though). I'd love to know why it's not universally done, especially with the same airline, because it's such a help to have it ahead of time. Now, I know why I saw people filling them out prior to going into customs. I just figured they had lost they're forms. I didn't know everyone didn't get them. I can definitely understand why you'd feel rushed trying to fill the customs form while getting through those lines. I've probably jinxed myself now and won't get it on the next trip..lol
    Last edited by corona; 04-14-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    That's curious, EHampite, because we just flew in on USAirways, and we got both forms. We usually use USAirways, and I wish I could remember the other airline(s) we've used (I know it's Delta &/or AA though). I'd love to know why it's not universally done, especially with the same airline, because it's such a help to have it ahead of time. Now, I know why I saw people filling them out prior to going into customs. I just figured they had lost they're forms. I didn't know everyone didn't get them. I can definitely understand why you'd feel rushed trying to fill the customs form while getting through those lines. I've probably jinxed myself now and won't get it on the next trip..lol
    Let's hope not! It's really a pain filling those forms out at the airport! I usually have the honor of filling it out while DH has his one final cigarette prior to entering the airport! I don't understanding why it's not universally done either - particularly with the same airline! It would make life so much easier!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast