Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DAE Dutch Antilles Express out of business?

DAE Dutch Antilles Express out of business?

Has anyone heard this? My nieces are at the airport and everything is locked up. They *think* DAE is out of business and are trying to get on another flight - being told the earliest they can leave Aruba will be Wednesday. This info is coming to me 3rd party and translated from German so I'm trying to get an idea of what is going on.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Their website is "under construction"

Sorry, does not appear to be good news http://www.curacaochronicle.com/loca...e-to-act-fast/

"Services discontinued

Since last week, DAE flights have not operated to and from Curaçao because Curaçao Airport Partners (CAP) have discontinued its services to the airline. ..."

Another article translated from Dutch http://www.waterkant.net/suriname/20...omment-page-1/

PARAMARIBO, Aug 29 - Thousands of passengers in the Caribbean region have come into problems because the airline Dutch Antilles Express (DAE) from Curacao for several days no longer flies . In particular, travelers in the U.S., Aruba, Suriname and other countries in the region are the victims. DAE was a few months ago a ban to fly because of safety violation. Venezuela on longer

The company then faced serious financial problems and last Friday to cease because a payment of 160,000 guilders (67,400 euros) to the airport of Curacao. Though the operation Earlier had also been discontinued. Routes to destinations such as St. Maarten and Bonaire because of payment problems In Suriname, DAE also open to $ 200,000 in debt.

DAE is one of the two airlines operating on Curacao and three hundred employees. Twenty DAE staff have filed for bankruptcy for their employer. Reason is that they are waiting for the payment of their salaries. (Via: Kontabai.NL )

Aruba since 1979
    OUch. Terrible news.

Lovely...thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    jacki please keep us in the loop re: your family member's situation and how it is resolved.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    That's unfortunate. Now your nieces are in for another adventure. And hopefully they will talk and laugh about it in the years to come.

One question: do they have to fly out of Curacao on their way back to Germany? And that's why it affects your nieces

Will keep my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes well!

They got on a KLM flight to Amsterdam then Amsterdam to Germany All is well. I'm not sure if they had to pay for it, I'm assuming so, but I'll know for sure when they finally get home tomorrow night
    Last edited by Jacki; 08-30-2013 at 10:43 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    They got on a KLM flight to Amsterdam then Amsterdam to Germany All is well. I'm not sure if they had to pay for it, I'm assuming so, but I'll no for sure when they finally get home tomorrow night
    How lucky! Glad they got this opportunity!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast