Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 4 Post By Traceyd14
  • 2 Post By vallond

Thread: Daily flights connecting Curacao & Aruba

Daily flights connecting Curacao & Aruba

By the Caribbean Journal staff
    There’s a new way to island hop in the Dutch Caribbean.
    Divi Divi Air, which has long operated regular flights connecting Curaçao and Bonaire, has officially launched new daily flights connecting Curaçao and Aruba.
    The new flights have a capacity of 19 seats and are expected to have a positive impact on ABC island travel, according to a statement from the Curaçao Hotel and Tourism Association.
    The flights take between 35 and 40 minutes each way, according to the carrier.
    Prices start at around $114 one-way.
    — CJ
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i have been told that the departure tax is pretty steep on flights to and from aruba to B and C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    By the Caribbean Journal staff
    There’s a new way to island hop in the Dutch Caribbean.
    Divi Divi Air, which has long operated regular flights connecting Curaçao and Bonaire, has officially launched new daily flights connecting Curaçao and Aruba.
    The new flights have a capacity of 19 seats and are expected to have a positive impact on ABC island travel, according to a statement from the Curaçao Hotel and Tourism Association.
    The flights take between 35 and 40 minutes each way, according to the carrier.
    Prices start at around $114 one-way.
    — CJ

Starting at $114 ONE WAY! Obviously not for me right now (as we would multiply that by 5 out of my pocket)

Aruba since 1979
    X10 for r/t
    plus the tax is about 35% per my tax consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Starting at $114 ONE WAY! Obviously not for me right now (as we would multiply that by 5 out of my pocket)

true! x10 yikes!

Thats a lot of cash for a day trip IMO. It would cost the average family of 4 people almost $900 on up....that is almost a week at many of the timeshares that people often stay at...at worse its several days of hotel money...or a week of spending money.

Our friends have been raving about Bonaire since they did a cruise stop there.l, but we can't give up Aruba.

In my opinion it would make more sense if one would do this as an add on before or after Aruba rather than spend that on a round trip

This means I can still connect through Curacao and pay a more reasonable rate in terms of airfare, instead of having to connect through Panama and have to pay a whole lot of money. Sure the flight from T&T leaves very early and the connecting flight from Panama will arrive on Aruba some time around 12:30 pm, I'm going to stick to flying with Suriname Airways to Curacao which will arrive around 8:45 am and catch a connecting flight with Divi sometime in the early afternoon. So good to see another option besides Insel, too bad Dutch Antillies Express (DAE) went out of business back in 2013, they could have been another option.