Aruba Beach

Thread: Delta to add red tags to some luggage

Delta to add red tags to some luggage

Delta to add red tags to some luggage
    The Associated Press
    Published on: 03/02/08

Passengers of Delta Air Lines' international flights will soon be seeing lots of red tags.

Starting this weekend, the Atlanta-based airline is issuing the red tags to keep track of approved carry-on luggage.

Spokeswoman Betsy Talton says the purpose of the new plan is to maximize overhead compartment storage space for passengers.

She says there are no plans in the works to use the tags for domestic flights.
    Delta officials will place the red tags on carry-on luggage at the check-in counter or the gate.

The airline currently allows each passenger to bring aboard one piece of luggage with total length, width and height dimensions of no more than 45 inches and a maximum weight of 40 pounds.

Passengers may also bring aboard another small item, such as a briefcase, purse or tote bag.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Beautiful...everyone will look like they are on "clearance"...

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Beautiful...everyone will look like they are on "clearance"...

LOL- Cindy was thinking same thing

Did anyone ever try to list a 40lb carryon to the overhead? Not a fun experience I imagine. My carryon is a backpack. and I can get all my walkman, camera gear plus a complete change of clothes in there with room to spare. Maybe 20 lbs, if that.

But why wouldnt all carryon be tagged. If its not approved, you usually have to check it anyway. Did I miss something.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen in NYC View Post
    ...But why wouldnt all carryon be tagged. If its not approved, you usually have to check it anyway. Did I miss something.
    Good point. Sounds like another way to make useless garbage and to slow down the check in process! I guess I will have to deal with that in September.
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008