Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Delta Airlines

Delta Airlines

I recently traveled to Puerto Rico on Delta and I must say I was very impressed with the service. From the check in counter, wheel chair assistance, flight attendance everything was top notch. The staff was very friendly asking how we were doing, wishing us a great trip with a smile. I flew first class for $600 and the flight attendant was very polite, food was great, drinks were flowing. I have to consider flying to Aruba using Delta if the price is right. I usually use Jet Blue which I'm booked on for September.

We use Delta for our vacation and business travel about 1-2 times every month and love them. We also use them for our Aruba trips (usually upgraded to first class through their Medallion program) and have always had great, relaxing flights. I agree - great service, good food, and drinks flow the minute you sit down during the boarding process, plus they always have bottled water at your seat, too.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Yes and when I arrived in NY my luggage was the first on the carrousel. That didn't work out in Puerto Rico though even though it had the First Class tag on them. I had wheel chair service for my Mom which was also great. In Puerto Rico they had a check in counter for wheel chair next to First Class and they passed us right through the TSA Pre Check security. I didn't have to take off my shoes or go thru the body scanner going or coming. My brother was on the same flight Delta Comfort but he waited 1 hour going thru security check point. It was a stress free flight going and coming for me and Ms Daisy.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I am very excited to fly Delta for the first time this October BDL-ATL-AUA. I purchased the Delta-Comfort+ seating for extra legroom and a few other nice perks. Glad to hear you had a great experience. The only thing I am anxious about is the new connection thru Atlanta which I hear is a huge airport. Hopefully easy access to make connection in the time frame allotted.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    unfortunately delta from Nwk to Aruba requires at least one stop. we are destined for United which flies non-stop. I checked Delta out but its just not worth it for us close to Newark Airport. Yesterday we picked up my brother in law at the airport in Newark. We left our house at 6:15, picked him up, dropped him off and were home by 6:55. Can't beat the convenience.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I am very excited to fly Delta for the first time this October BDL-ATL-AUA. I purchased the Delta-Comfort+ seating for extra legroom and a few other nice perks. Glad to hear you had a great experience. The only thing I am anxious about is the new connection thru Atlanta which I hear is a huge airport. Hopefully easy access to make connection in the time frame allotted.

We connect in Atlanta on most trips when we go to Aruba. At first, I was a little nervous about it, but it really isn't bad. Just follow the signs to the train, which comes through every few minutes, and off you go. Hold on or brace yourself for the take off and stopping. We always get to our terminal in just a few minutes, and usually have time to sit down and have a bite to eat before heading to the gate.

We prefer to fly Delta. We always book Delta comfort so that my husband can have the extra legroom. They also give free beer and wine with this class. Towards the end of the flight, they come around with a basket of snacks which includes the usual snacks and some fruit, which is nice.

We've been fling Delta to Aruba routinely our last few trips, mostly because they've been competitively priced. We either connect through JFK or ATL. We're usually the first flight out of the gate, so an hour layover has been plenty of time to make our connection so far. There are no direct flights out of SYR, so we always have one stop. Our favorite itinerary is through CLT on American, but their pricing has been much more expensive then Delta. Jet Blue and United have been way up there too. We've been completely satisfied with Delta so far.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018
    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Our bags are always tagged "priority" on Delta which means they SHOULD be one of the first bags off but I would say it happens about 90% of the time. Once in awhile they don't get pulled off first but the majority of the time it works.

We have a layover in Atlanta on the way to Aruba and even though it's a large airport it's really easy to navigate. The "plane train" (tram) gets you from concourse to concourse in minutes. It's really easy - just follow the signs to the escalator that take you below to the tram.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Delta is usually reasonably priced out of DC with a stop in Atlanta, but the layover times don't leave much room for error. For those who connect in Atlanta, how much time is needed to connect for Aruba?

Simce we fly out of SYR around 6 AM we usually depart on time, so an hour or so layover has never been an issue. That might not work for a later departure but we've never booked that way so we can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Delta is usually reasonably priced out of DC with a stop in Atlanta, but the layover times don't leave much room for error. For those who connect in Atlanta, how much time is needed to connect for Aruba?
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018
    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast