Aruba Beach

Thread: Delta bags

Delta bags

I read somewhere on here that Delta allows 2 bags per person from NY to Aruba. Can anyone elaborate on that for me? Are they 50 lb limit? I can't imagine needing 100 lbs worth of stuff- swim suites and flip flops don't weigh that much

You get two free checked bags per passenger and it must meet these requirements...

"The standard weight and size for checked baggage must be under 50 lbs and 62 inches (when you total the length+width+height)"
    Last edited by fry120; 03-15-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Well actually, you might have only one checked bag depending on when you bought your ticket. They recently changed baggage rules. You can find more specific info here
    http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...fees/index.jsp

If you bought your ticket between Sept 19,2009 - Feb 10, 2010 you only get one free checked bag, if you booked after Feb 10, you get two per passenger

I have no idea what date I booked my flight. Crazy airlines... I'll give a call and see. Thanks for the info.

We booked Delta in January and that includes one free checked bag. Last year I way over packed and this year I'm just brining a carryon bag. We may check one bag between the two of us which will probably just be used to transport Balashi back to the US. I think it is 8lbs to the gallon...

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    Not a bad move, gmac, not a bad move!

leaving in the morning. Checked in online with 2 free bags..each. only taking 1 though!!

Im confused....or conflicted by the information. I called delta because I wasnt sure when we purchased our tickets...and he told me that we get to check 2 bags for free (not that we plan to do so). But when I asked him when we purchased the tickets he told me Feb 5th.

So the date doesnt matter it seems? One of us might end up taking a second bag, but that is only for the food. So should I call back and see what a new rep says...or just do the online check in and see what it gives me....

Just dont want to get to the airport and be surprised....
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    from delta's site.

International Flights to Destinations Other Than Canada
    You can check two bags that meet our size and weight limitations at no extra charge when traveling to or from most cities outside the United States and Canada. However, some exceptions apply. You will be charged the following fees for first and second checked bags (each way, round trip): On flights between the U.S. or Canada and Europe:
    No fee for the first checked bag
    50 USD/CAD/EUR* for the second checked bag
    Effective for tickets purchased on/after February 5, 2010 and for travel on/after March 5, 2010 fee is as follows:
    2nd Bag for Europe – Travel between United States/Canada & Europe
    50/USD/CAD/EUR* if prepaid online
    55/USD/CAD/EUR* if paid at th
    e airport

Quote Originally Posted by Angelwhispers31 View Post
    Im confused....or conflicted by the information. I called delta because I wasnt sure when we purchased our tickets...and he told me that we get to check 2 bags for free (not that we plan to do so). But when I asked him when we purchased the tickets he told me Feb 5th.

So the date doesnt matter it seems? One of us might end up taking a second bag, but that is only for the food. So should I call back and see what a new rep says...or just do the online check in and see what it gives me....

Just dont want to get to the airport and be surprised....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    2nd Bag for Europe Travel between United States/Canada & Europe
    I swear I read their website about 5 times to figure out that if you bought your ticket on Feb. 5 or later, you could bring 2 bags free of charge.

If this is confusing enough to us who travel to Aruba and fly Delta perhaps Delta is just not charging ANYONE, including those who fall into the "previous checked bag fees" category because of their inability to spell policy out in PLAIN ENGLISH.