Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta connection in Atlanta Hartsfield

Quote Originally Posted by BostonLager View Post
    I'm sure it will work out somehow. The thing is though I believe originally it was 60 minutes but then Delta made a change in the flight. I think I need a drink!

Thanks again.
    My original connection time for my Sept. flight was 58 minutes....they've changed it since I booked it and it's now 1 hour and 2 minutes.

I'm sure it'll work out.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks BostonLager for bringing this up. Our connecting flight has us with 50 minutes to land and get to our flight out of Atlanta to Aruba. I am a little nervous about this myself. We are flying out of Richmond first. I may check on the info with the phone number given. Thanks

That should be enough time as long as you plane reaches Atlanta on time. They know which flights you are on so if they come in late they will hold the plane for a short period but I would not take my time getting to the gate!

Quote Originally Posted by rum punch View Post
    Thanks BostonLager for bringing this up. Our connecting flight has us with 50 minutes to land and get to our flight out of Atlanta to Aruba. I am a little nervous about this myself. We are flying out of Richmond first. I may check on the info with the phone number given. Thanks

FYI...I happened to email Delta about our concern of having enough time to connect and this was their reply...

"Thank you for your e-mail to Delta Air Lines.

As per Delta Procedures, a minimum connecting time of 60 minutes is
    needed between domestic and International connecting flights in Atlanta,
    GA (ATL). Since your flight does not meet the required connecting time,
    it will be necessary for you to contact our Reservation Sales Department
    at 800-241-4141.

Again, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Delta and
    will always welcome the opportunity to be of service."

So the bottom line is if you have less than 60 minutes to connect Delta will change your flight for no charge since it's their fault. Just call that number above and explain your situation. It all worked out for us.

We had an awsome time in Aruba and cannot wait to go back. We loved it.
    I posted a few pics under the members gallery.

Have fun on your trip rum punch. I'm sure you will.

Flying Delta from Philadelphia to Atlanta yesterday, a Tuesday and in the monring, I can say that if we had to make a connection in anything less than an hour we would have never made it.

Our flight departed Philadelphia a half hour late. Atlanta was extremely busy and people only walk so fast. The trams between terminals were so full we chose to walk instead.

Personally if I were connecting in Atlanta, I would feel much more comfortable with at least 1 1/2 hours between flight connections.

The beaches. Love the color of the Carribean. As my husband would say Lime Green Gatorade Snorkeling
    We too have a connecting flight in Atlanta. This is the first time. We have always flown non-stop out of Phila. My question is will we have the same seats on the connecting flight?

Quote Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
    We too have a connecting flight in Atlanta. This is the first time. We have always flown non-stop out of Phila. My question is will we have the same seats on the connecting flight?
    No you will not. If you have e-tickets you can go online and choose your seats in advance.

The beaches. Love the color of the Carribean. As my husband would say Lime Green Gatorade Snorkeling
    Thank You!!

You amaze me with the wealth of knowledge you have and for getting back to the community in such a timely fashion. Thank You so much!

Lightbulb

You are very welcome. We are all here to help.

Here is some additional if you have not been able to locate it already

Itineraries and Check-in
    http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ckin/index.jsp

Reservations Phone Contact
    http://www.delta.com/help/contact_us...ions/index.jsp

Thanks again for the information. My question is since we are departing from Phila to Atlanta what time do we need to be at the airport. Delta is saying International flights are 3 hours before. Do I need to be at Phila international 3 hours before our flight to Atlanta leaves? I'm confused since this is not a non stop flight. OOY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast