Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delta connection in Atlanta Hartsfield

Aruba since 1979
    2 - 2.5 hrs prior is sufficient @ philly. probably more than sufficient.

3 hrs is coming home from aruba.
    recommended time line for travel from aruba is airport arrival 3 hrs prior to departure time.

The beaches. Love the color of the Carribean. As my husband would say Lime Green Gatorade Snorkeling
    Thank You!!

Exclamation Update to previous Delta Hartsfield Info

All Delta flights are on the south concourse.

We fly only Delta and only out of Atlanta. I cannot remember the last time we flew a Delta flight to anywhere out of anywhere but A or B. T gates we will fly out of, if on an Embraer or Canadair Jet on domestic travel.

Our Aruba flights usually depart from B Gates.

Airport transportation from concourse to concourse is comparable to a subway. Directions are well marked and transportation runs through the entire south concourses T - F (F = new international concourse). Very efficient and runs every couple of minutes and would take maybe a minute or two between each concourse.

There are a good number of choices for eateries, including take out. If you have time, eat before your flight or pick up something for the flight, including a drink for the road or to carry on with you. In economy Delta has food for purchase, but otherwise a pack of pretzels or cookies and a soda.

On our flight in June they only came through with the beverage cart once followed up by only a second run with coffee on the way down and glasses of water on the way back. So if you are very lucky the drink cart will come through twice We have taken to traveling with our own beverages.

Updated

The new international terminal- Concourse F-- at Atlanta's Hartsfield

Last edited by Arubalisa; 06-05-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Question Anyone

Has anyone flown into or through Atlanta from Aruba since Concourse F has opened? The only real fact I know is that Delta's Aruba flights have been departing and arriving from Concourse F.

I am trying to get a clearer picture of what happens at Customs and Immigration at Concourse F since you are arriving "pre-cleared" from Aruba.

Hartsfield Airport, in reply to an email, is stating we will go through Customs in ATLANTA.

So how does a U.S. citizen go through C & I twice within a matter of hours when they are only traveling in one direction?

LOL, does that mean I get double the duty free exemption, one from Aruba and one coming into Hartsfield

If you have a connecting flight from Aruba to a domestic airport you need to allow yourself 3+ hours for your connection in order to retrieve your luggage in ATL, go through C & I and then re-check your luggage to your domestic destination?

Trying to wrap my head around this and getting no where

Aruba since 1979
    can delta customer service answer any of the questions?

It may come down to that, it only took 3 phone calls , 3 different reps for us to educate THEM on the difference between an aisle seat and an aisle chair. The aisle chairs are the very narrow armless chairs with wheels to get the passenger onto the plane and to their seat.

I am VERY frightened to ask if Delta has such a thing in Aruba???

Dh would pick her up and carry her piggy back but his back has not been up to it recently.

Aruba since 1979
    omg
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    It may come down to that, it only took 3 phone calls , 3 different reps for us to educate THEM on the difference between an aisle seat and an aisle chair. The aisle chairs are the very narrow armless chairs with wheels to get the passenger onto the plane and to their seat.

I am VERY frightened to ask if Delta has such a thing in Aruba???

Dh would pick her up and carry her piggy back but his back has not been up to it recently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123