Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Delta - Luggage Fee

  1. #1
    Senior Member Terry Joz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Catalina Beach (snorkling) Lighthouse Beach (Marriott) casino's Mirandi's, Moomba's,Wacky Wahoo,Barefoot, Suise Chalet Marriott Ocean Club pool bar DePalm Island
    Posts
    621

    Delta - Luggage Fee

    Hi, does anyone know if Delta charges for 1 checked bag or not? Flying from Aruba to NY, going down on Jet Blue which allows 1 checked bag per person.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Delta charges $25 for the first checked bag unless....you are flying First Class, you're a Medallion member, or you have an AMEX Delta Skymiles credit card.

    http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/checked/index.jsp
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  3. #3
    Senior Member Terry Joz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Catalina Beach (snorkling) Lighthouse Beach (Marriott) casino's Mirandi's, Moomba's,Wacky Wahoo,Barefoot, Suise Chalet Marriott Ocean Club pool bar DePalm Island
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Delta charges $25 for the first checked bag unless....you are flying First Class, you're a Medallion member, or you have an AMEX Delta Skymiles credit card.

    http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...cked/index.jsp
    Thank you Amy!!! How was Cabo? I'm going there in Nov.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Joz View Post
    Thank you Amy!!! How was Cabo? I'm going there in Nov.

    It was great - great weather, excellent ceviche, and great whale watching! It was one of the few places we hadn't been yet in Mexico. We hired a car service at the airport which was wonderful (a cooler full of Coronas to quench our thirst on the way to the B&B). Keep your head down at the airport as you walk through the "shark tank" (timeshare people) - LOL!! You'll have a great time!

    I posted a few pics at the following link if you're interested:
    http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bulletinboard/viewtopic.php?t=11510
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  5. #5
    Senior Member Terry Joz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Catalina Beach (snorkling) Lighthouse Beach (Marriott) casino's Mirandi's, Moomba's,Wacky Wahoo,Barefoot, Suise Chalet Marriott Ocean Club pool bar DePalm Island
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    It was great - great weather, excellent ceviche, and great whale watching! It was one of the few places we hadn't been yet in Mexico. We hired a car service at the airport which was wonderful (a cooler full of Coronas to quench our thirst on the way to the B&B). Keep your head down at the airport as you walk through the "shark tank" (timeshare people) - LOL!! You'll have a great time!

    I posted a few pics at the following link if you're interested:
    http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bulletinboard/viewtopic.php?t=11510

    Thank's Amy - your pic's were great! We love Cabo and have been there several times. We have a timeshare at Playa Grande on the Pacific.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Joz View Post
    Thank's Amy - your pic's were great! We love Cabo and have been there several times. We have a timeshare at Playa Grande on the Pacific.
    Great place! We love all the places we've been in MX - they all have their own special charm so it's hard for me to pick a favorite (although I give the edge to the Caribbean side just because the beaches/water are a bit nicer but the Pacific side has more of the old MX charm that we love.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23
    Amy, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but we fly Delta to Aruba 3 times a year and we do NOT fly first class and we only have regular Frequent Flyer Miles program and we NEVER, ever have to pay for 1st bag checked! First bag is ALWAYS checked FREE when flying to Aruba. To verify this, just call their 800 number.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by pgsoder View Post
    Amy, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but we fly Delta to Aruba 3 times a year and we do NOT fly first class and we only have regular Frequent Flyer Miles program and we NEVER, ever have to pay for 1st bag checked! First bag is ALWAYS checked FREE when flying to Aruba. To verify this, just call their 800 number.
    You can tell me anything you want. LOL!

    I'm only going by what is on their chart at the link I posted. We also fly Delta twice a year to Aruba but I don't normally pay attention to Delta's luggage fees because my husband and I are both Delta Medallion members (we rack up alot of ff miles every year on Delta) and both have their AMEX card, so I've never looked at their baggage fee/chart until now.

    Terry - you may want to call their 800# to verify. Apparently, their chart on their website is incorrect.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 04-12-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  9. #9
    Member ehumphrey75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    47
    I believe Delta very recently changed their baggage fee policy. We flew Delta on our last two Aruba trips and did not pay a baggage fee, however, I was looking at their website after reading this post and noticed that they had now included ALL of the caribbean for the $25 fee (including Aruba).

  10. #10
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by pgsoder View Post
    Amy, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but we fly Delta to Aruba 3 times a year and we do NOT fly first class and we only have regular Frequent Flyer Miles program and we NEVER, ever have to pay for 1st bag checked! First bag is ALWAYS checked FREE when flying to Aruba. To verify this, just call their 800 number.
    Frequent flyer tickets on Delta and American are considered full fare tickets in coach and therefore no bag fees are charged for the first bag. If you BUY a discount economy fare you will be charged for the first bag at Delta. Unless you have the amex card etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO