Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Delta through atlanta

  1. #1
    Senior Member BALTIMOREBILLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BUNKER BAR AT TAMARIJN BUSTERS SPORTS BAR CASINOS
    Age
    50
    Posts
    181

    Delta through atlanta

    Been looking at flights from Baltimore to Aruba with connection in Atlanta. The layover is 1: 20 minutes. Was wondering if this is enough time in that huge airport? Never flown Delta. Don't no if the gates are all in same area. Any imput would be appreciated. Thx Billy Aruba at the Tam May 25 - June 1

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    my experiences with atlanta/hartsfield are positive. the train/subway thing that brings folks to the terminals is quick, painless and runs very frequently.

    providing your flight is on time and your layover is at least 40 minutes, i think you'll be fine.

    i have found other airports to be more problematic.....miami for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by BALTIMOREBILLY View Post
    Been looking at flights from Baltimore to Aruba with connection in Atlanta. The layover is 1: 20 minutes. Was wondering if this is enough time in that huge airport? Never flown Delta. Don't no if the gates are all in same area. Any imput would be appreciated. Thx Billy Aruba at the Tam May 25 - June 1

  3. #3
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my experiences with atlanta/hartsfield are positive. the train/subway thing that brings folks to the terminals is quick, painless and runs very frequently.
    The airport itself has 6 concourses (soon to be 7 ), BUT Delta tends to keep most of their flights to A & B concourses.

    Delta passengers returning from Aruba have the advantage of having already gone through U.S. Customs & Immigration, otherwise they would have to fly into concourse E which is the furthest out (almost a mile
    from the main terminal).

    Returning you will more than likely fly INTO again,
    A & B concourses.

    Terminal map

  4. #4
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by BALTIMOREBILLY View Post
    Been looking at flights from Baltimore to Aruba with connection in Atlanta. The layover is 1: 20 minutes. Was wondering if this is enough time in that huge airport? Never flown Delta. Don't no if the gates are all in same area. Any imput would be appreciated. Thx Billy Aruba at the Tam May 25 - June 1
    We fly Delta twice a year to Aruba with a connection in Atlanta.

    As long as this is the connection going TO Aruba, you'll be fine. We've had connections there on the way to Aruba anywhere from 1 hour 10 minutes to only 45 minutes. You can easily take the tram from one concourse to the other. Just check the updates as far as where your connecting flight's gate is located as soon as you get off the plane because those gates change like the wind and you want to make sure you're taking the tram to the right concourse.

    Now for your flight BACK from Aruba, make sure you have at least a couple of hours for your connecting flight. Those flights, since they're later in the day, can be delayed and you'll need more time for your connection.

    Hope that helps.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018





  5. #5
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Now for your flight BACK from Aruba, make sure you have at least a couple of hours for your connecting flight. Those flights, since they're later in the day, can be delayed and you'll need more time for your connection.

    Hope that helps.
    Especially since we are getting into the summer season here in ATL in May which can bring afternoon and early evening thunderstorms.

  6. #6
    Senior Member BALTIMOREBILLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    BUNKER BAR AT TAMARIJN BUSTERS SPORTS BAR CASINOS
    Age
    50
    Posts
    181

    Delta through atlanta

    Thanks everyone for your imput. Just booked for May 25 thru June 1. let the countdown begin again. 42 days Gotta get in touch with Bully

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19
    I think each airline has its own rules as to what they consider an allowable connection. If you book the full flight (point of origin to final destination), I don't think you will be offered connections shorter than what the airline deems acceptable. Don't forget, they have to allow for checked bags to be transferred.

    If you book each leg separately (point of origin to Atlanta, then book a separate flight from Atlanta to Aruba), then you could (conceivably) book as short of a connection as you want. Just don't plan on any checked bags making it...

    That said, I'm flying in early June. The only same-day flight offered has a 50-minute connection. My family of four includes a 4 and 7 year-old. It's the kids' first time flying. This should be "fun".

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach and Lings.
    Posts
    83
    We are flying Delta through Atlanta. We have a 2 hour and 13 minute layover. Is there anything open at 7:30 in the morning for breakfast or snacks to take on the plane? Or should we pack some snack items in carry on?

    if there are any restaurants/snack stores open, please list a couple. TIA!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by stinky2 View Post
    We are flying Delta through Atlanta. We have a 2 hour and 13 minute layover. Is there anything open at 7:30 in the morning for breakfast or snacks to take on the plane? Or should we pack some snack items in carry on?

    if there are any restaurants/snack stores open, please list a couple. TIA!!
    http://iflyatl.com/shops.aspx
    TONS of places to eat...

    Depends on which terminal..

    Terminal A there is a Houlihans, Paschal's, Starbucks, Au Bon Pain, Cinnabon, Dunkin Donuts to name a few

    Terminal B there is Seattle's Best Coffee, TGI Fridays, Starubucks, Chilis
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-28-2011 at 07:15 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach and Lings.
    Posts
    83
    Thanks so much Arubalisa! :-)


    We will be in Terminal T, so it looks like we better bring some chips and granola bars.
    Last edited by stinky2; 04-28-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO