Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By arubabob
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Delta tickets

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

Delta tickets

Just booked 2 business/first tickets on Delta for May trip. Tickets had been from $1,350 to $1,900 for this class before on my dates. Just happened to check today and they were $1,100. Little blurb underneath price said 2 left at this price. That's all I need. Used FF miles for partial payment and got them for $760 each.

Aruba since 1979
    hooray for delta and the ff miles!

i had made mention in another thread somewhere along the line about being rewarded for loyalty.
    what comes to mind, especially is airline points/miles.
    the airlines may not be overly generous, but those free trips, 1st class upgrades and airline lounge perks are much appreciated.
    me especially, i love the airline lounge. (none at aruba airport though)

Our friends booked their whole trip through Delta, including hotel. We priced it out several different ways and it was a great deal when we booked. For those with Delta as an option, you may want to check their vacation packages too.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hooray for delta and the ff miles!

i had made mention in another thread somewhere along the line about being rewarded for loyalty.
    what comes to mind, especially is airline points/miles.
    the airlines may not be overly generous, but those free trips, 1st class upgrades and airline lounge perks are much appreciated.
    me especially, i love the airline lounge. (none at aruba airport though)
    American used to have a business class lounge there. We always had to fly AA from here in the past and usually had enough FF miles to fly Business class. It was nice to sit in the lounge and wait for your flight. They had coffee, tea, cookies, bagels and other snacks and a restroom inside. The chairs and couches were comfortable too. They closed it 5 or 6 years ago and it was open a couple more years under another carrier. Don't remember who. Not open now though. We could use the Delta lounge in ATL, but we are only there 60 minutes. Barely make our connecting flight.

Aruba since 1979
    yes re: the AA lounge.
    often we would get to use it in aruba.
    once AA became the not so favored airline in aruba, lounge closed mighty fast.
    i kind of miss those good old days, dont you?
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    American used to have a business class lounge there. We always had to fly AA from here in the past and usually had enough FF miles to fly Business class. It was nice to sit in the lounge and wait for your flight. They had coffee, tea, cookies, bagels and other snacks and a restroom inside. The chairs and couches were comfortable too. They closed it 5 or 6 years ago and it was open a couple more years under another carrier. Don't remember who. Not open now though. We could use the Delta lounge in ATL, but we are only there 60 minutes. Barely make our connecting flight.