Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ArubaAce

Thread: Delta vs aa first class

Delta vs aa first class

I normally fly AA from Charlotte or Miami to ARuba on AA. I am considering Delta because it is the same price from Atlanta to Aruba. Any opinions on any pros or cons ?

My only experience with Delta was when they changed my flight time so I would only have a 40 minute layover in Altanta. That made me nervous, so we ended up getting a refund and changing airlines. I've done the AA connection through Miami many times. It's an easy connection and typically no terminal change, but we tend to get delayed coming home through Miami on most of our trips.

We always fly Delta first class to Aruba. I have nothing but good things to say about their first class flight attendants, drink and food service. We never fly AA so can't help you with any comparisons. Have flown first class to Aruba on United and US Air in the past. United was pretty good. US Air was "cheap" in that they didn't use real glassware or offer pre-boarding drinks or have bottled water waiting at your seat and didn't offer one upon landing.

We always change planes in Atlanta on the way to Aruba. Atlanta Airport is large but very easy to get around and the tram is quick and easy to/from terminals. We normally have a 1 hour, 30 minute layover which is ample time to make the connection.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

If you are flying AA from either Charlotte or Miami, does must mean you are flying into those airports from somewhere else? Would it mean changing airlines at the hub airport(Charlotte, or Miami or Atlanta)? Changing airlines might be tricky deal with your checked baggage.

We usually fly AA from Philadelphia direct to Aruba, however; on other trips to other locations, we have had connecting flights in each of the airports you mentioned-always on AA. I did not like Atlanta the one time I went through there because there were issues with my flights and they told me I had to run to catch the flight, but it was not in the same terminal. We don't fly first class, so I don't know how the airlines compare.

As far as first class on AA to and from Aruba it is more like Business class, and nothing special. The seats are comfortable and the drinks flow as much or as little as you prefer, but I have not been impressed with any of the meals. I will still fly 1st on AA whenever possible, just don't expect a luxury experience.

In the past the business class service for both AA and Delta were about the same. Recently I felt that Delta up their game. On a trip to Puerto Rico in May I enjoyed the attention they gave me and Ms Daisy at the First Class Check in service, the wheel chair service. On the plane I liked the bottle water already by the seat and the 1st drink prior to take off and thereafter. Meals weren't too shabby. When we landed our luggages had the priority tag and came out first as well as the other business class passengers. The service was really top notch! The flight attendants were younger and attentive. Not that I have anything against an older career flight attendant but in the past they would get you your drink and disappear and then you had to chase them down. These younger attendants came around several times asking if you needed anything else.