Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta's Ability to change times...

Quote Originally Posted by chouth View Post
    I HATE flying so I booked JetBlue Direct. Please tell me you have heard positive things.
    love that jet blue

U.S. DOT Expands Airline Passenger Protections

"Tarmac Delays. The new rule expands the existing ban on lengthy tarmac delays to cover foreign airlines’ operations at U.S. airports and establishes a four hour hard time limit on tarmac delays for international flights of U.S. and foreign airlines, with exceptions allowed only for safety, security or air traffic control-related reasons. Carriers must also ensure that passengers stuck on the tarmac are provided adequate food and water after two hours, as well as working lavatories and any necessary medical treatment. "

Quote Originally Posted by Patti Ann View Post
    We flew Air Tran last year in August. Our flight did not change and neither did our seats. However, we sat at the gate for over one hour waiting to get onto a runway. Then to make matter worse, we taxied the Atlanta Airport for over one hour. We left over two hours late -- without so much as a complimentary drink or even a verbal apology. Actually, the flight attendants were downright rude to all of the passengers. Once they have you on a plane, you are their virtual prisoner. If you say anything to them you can be flagged as a disturbance and will most likely pay the price later with security on future flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i would imagine that none of the flight attendants knew of the duration of which you'd be sitting at the gate and..........if the drinks are passed out then, there could be a chance they'd fall short at drink time on the flight. (at least that is my reasoning)

we taxied for over an hr at atlanta a few yrs ago on a delta flight and no drinks were passed out to us........the fight attendants were in their seats, buckled in. air/ground traffic presents delays and issues.
    For the record, it is against FAA regulations to serve beverages while taxiing. In fact, the only time a flight attendant is permitted out of their seat during taxi, takeoff or landing is to execute a safety related job function.

Any service materials must be collected before the aircraft begins surface movement and a service is only permitted if the aircraft is stationary, and known that it is going to be stationary.

As for the extended delay regulations, a long taxi is not considered a "delay". My company has a very specific policy regarding these situations and the duties expected from everyone. To the best of my knowledge, every airline has a similar policy, though I obviously don't know the details of all of them.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I have to laugh at the regulations. our first trip to aruba of course was in december out of newark & we always fly continental. there was a delay due to high winds. the flight attendants were as usual exceptional on continental. they really are great on that airline. they did offer water but not any other kind of drinks. then the pilot says we are allowed off the plane if we want. half the people got up. HOWEVER, he then said, if we do get off, we can't get back on, lol. half the people sat down, lol. though i can see their point. the pilot would get the okay to go and then we'd have to wait for the people to get back on. i think its a tricky situation with the delay thing. if there's a blizzard and they know there's a high probability you won't be leaving, they should just say so instead of back & forth. however with our trip, it was the winds and not a blizzard and of course as soon as they died down to a reasonable thing, the pilot got the okay and we were off. so there's alot of grey in that delay thing with the FAA and the airlines. all i know is take off when its safe and get me to aruba..........

We were just informed our flight times changed for our flight to Aruba with US Air in September. Had we kept the flight we originally had, our connecting flight would be leaving Charlotte while we were still in the air TO Charlotte from Philly. My excitement for having an 8:30am departure is lost ... we are now boarding at 5:30am in Philly. The good in all of this, though, is that we'll arrive in Aruba at 1:30 instead of 3:30!

Has anyone checked the sky rocketing airline prices? Last year 3 of us flew on Delta from NY to Atlanta then on to Aruba for approx $1500.. I tried to book the same flights yesterday for our trip in Feb'12 and they are over $1100 per person....can't find any reasonable flights. Jetblue and Airtran schedules are only up to Nov. think I'm gonna wait it out to see if they are cheaper!
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by bryanne911 View Post
    Has anyone checked the sky rocketing airline prices? Last year 3 of us flew on Delta from NY to Atlanta then on to Aruba for approx $1500.. I tried to book the same flights yesterday for our trip in Feb'12 and they are over $1100 per person....can't find any reasonable flights. Jetblue and Airtran schedules are only up to Nov. think I'm gonna wait it out to see if they are cheaper!
    It is not only Aruba. Dh just checked fares for Atlanta to Newark. They are never more than $200 per person anytime of year. For June...$400 per person. Blame high oil prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The change has already been made, it went live the day I posted it. I will keep an eye on the additions/reductions regarding flights to Aruba. Unfortunately, the airlines don't publish time changes. On the plus side though, the vast majority of changes are made at least 90 days prior to the actual date of the flight. Unless there is a maintenance issue or crew somewhere in the system that impacts a specific flight.
    Chadd,
    okay, how weird is this....last week I jumped off an overbooked flight for the price of a voucher worth 500 and the ability to use it in the caribbean....just booked that ticket for my niece and got the exact same flight that is supposed to not be there anymore....maybe because its a winter date they are keeping it (november)
    will see what happens when the date gets closer...
    I was half tempted to ask the reservationist about it but figured I would just cause myself a headache so I left well enough alone....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

The schedule is largely firmed up about 90 days prior. Keep an eye on it and call them if something strange happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12