Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By corona
  • 1 Post By jtwcarboy

Thread: Departing Aruba Flight Question

Departing Aruba Flight Question

On the aruba airport website it says something to the effect of "you must check in 3 hrs in advance for international flights".

Im flying out on a Sunday at 351pm and im wondering what time i should leave divi village at to have the time needed to check in and customs etc?

I was planning on being picked up at 12 from divi but if thats cutting it close i will gladly change my pickup time to 10-11 in the morning.

Let me know your experiences with this.
    Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    3 hours is sufficient
    no need to be at the airport til 3 hrs b4 your flight.(for some reason airtran recommends 4 hours) but all others recommend 3 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    On the aruba airport website it says something to the effect of "you must check in 3 hrs in advance for international flights".

Im flying out on a Sunday at 351pm and im wondering what time i should leave divi village at to have the time needed to check in and customs etc?

I was planning on being picked up at 12 from divi but if thats cutting it close i will gladly change my pickup time to 10-11 in the morning.

Let me know your experiences with this.
    Thanks

I think I saw that you posted under cab fares that Bully is driving you to and from the airport. (I apologize if I read that wrong.) He'll give you a pick-up time and get you to the airport right on schedule, so you have no need to worry. Twice, we've left during some huge event going on downtown, and Bully, or his relative, took us to the airport by a quick detour rather than sitting in traffic. They know their business, hands down.

I don't want to make this a rule of thumb, but he or one of his relatives who drove us in his place, have always been to our hotel at least five minutes prior to our set time to depart, much to my husband's relief. There's probably nobody more anxious about getting to the airport on time than him. Due to his work, he travels a LOT and has run across almost every type of delay, so he's ever the pessimist when it comes to getting to the airport.

(I do want to add that in all the years we've been going to Aruba, we've only had one driver that overcharged us that we know of and it was only a dollar, 99% have been super friendly, and I think they all pretty much know the ends and outs of getting around Aruba).
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Bully is picking me up at 12 to go to airport so that will give me 4hrs minus drive time.
    Thanks for all the info !!