• 5 Post By burghboy
  • 1 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 4 Post By Traceyd14
  • 2 Post By burghboy
  • 4 Post By DisneyFan

Thread: Did you experience Southwest Air Issues from July 20th

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach

Did you experience Southwest Air Issues from July 20th

We were coming back from Aruba on the 20th and honestly I had no idea Southwest even had issues. We did have to fly over land due to weather which made our flight about 20 minutes longer, but that was it. Well, last night I was cleaning out my inbox and saw a Southwest email dated July 23rd. The subject line said, "Sorry isn't enough for your recent trip".

Long story short, they are offering me 50% off my next flight as long as it's booked by Oct 16 and used by Jan 31, 2017. So if you were traveling on that day make sure you look at any emails from SWA before deleting. I almost deleted without reading, thinking it was junk mail.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Sounds like it is time to book your next trip Classy move by SWA but still does not make people feel great who missed their trips, getting trapped in Aruba however would be a blessing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    We were coming back from Aruba on the 20th and honestly I had no idea Southwest even had issues. We did have to fly over land due to weather which made our flight about 20 minutes longer, but that was it. Well, last night I was cleaning out my inbox and saw a Southwest email dated July 23rd. The subject line said, "Sorry isn't enough for your recent trip".

Long story short, they are offering me 50% off my next flight as long as it's booked by Oct 16 and used by Jan 31, 2017. So if you were traveling on that day make sure you look at any emails from SWA before deleting. I almost deleted without reading, thinking it was junk mail.

If you book your flight and rent Jacki's room at LaCabana you could go back in less than 3 weeks for almost free

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post

Just curious, what do you usually pay for the flight from BWI? I booked last week, the next day it was down $50 per person so we bith have credit, which is nice.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

I wanted to add, we have always been pleased with Southwest's policies when it comes to making things right. We had an issue leaving Aruba once and I felt we did not benefit from the early bird check in because circumstances had us board on the tarmac. Long story short, emailed to ask for a credit for our early bird fees and they ended up giving each if us a voucher for $100 due to the inconvenience.

All of your stories are making me very happy to have booked & got the SW Credit card. I love to support companies who (seem to) do the right thing!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Sounds like it is time to book your next trip Classy move by SWA but still does not make people feel great who missed their trips, getting trapped in Aruba however would be a blessing, lol.
    I most definitely would have been fine with being trapped in Aruba. Would have been the absolute best reason to call out ever.... "ummm yeah I won't be able to make it in today because I'm stuck in Aruba". I'd be down for that

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    If you book your flight and rent Jacki's room at LaCabana you could go back in less than 3 weeks for almost free
    I have considered it but I don't know if I could get time off so soon. That would be 3 vacations in 4 months. I probably need to stretch things out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I wanted to add, we have always been pleased with Southwest's policies when it comes to making things right. We had an issue leaving Aruba once and I felt we did not benefit from the early bird check in because circumstances had us board on the tarmac. Long story short, emailed to ask for a credit for our early bird fees and they ended up giving each if us a voucher for $100 due to the inconvenience.
    I think Southwest is awesome. I understand why some people don't like it but I've never had anything but great service with them. Now the jack***es with boarding number C46 that line up when then call A1-16 or the cheapos who buy 1 early bird and try to save seats for an entire family need to go but the airline itself is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    All of your stories are making me very happy to have booked & got the SW Credit card. I love to support companies who (seem to) do the right thing!
    They've been great to me thus far. I wasn't even affected by the outage and they still hooked me up. Just glad I didn't press the delete button.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

In a case of extremely poor timing, turns out the Southwest delays had affected us too, even though our trip isn't until December. I mailed my payment to the timeshare owner using USPS priority mail so I could track it. I strongly recommend this if you are renting from an owner. Having a tracking number is much better than "the check is in the mail". It turns out some USPS letters and packages are delayed up to 4-5 days because of the Southwest issues. So tracking my letter from Virginia to Maine, it was last seen in North Carolina. Great communication with the owner is helping, but I still won't feel settled until he has the check in hand.

We have been pleased with Southwest Airlines. My hubby is a person of size with issues bending and moving his legs. He has been confined to leg braces. SW has a Person of Size policy offering an additional seat to accommodate his disability. It is handled discreetly, and professionally. Additionally, SW assists him in airport in a wheelchair. Once we get to Aruba we rent a power wheelchair for him from Labco. It is too difficult to fly with his, and this method works well for us.

Southwest Rocks.