Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Dirty restrooms at the airport

Dirty restrooms at the airport

Hi all,
    I wonder if you have noticed that the restrooms at the airport especially at the arrivals are becoming more dirty by the year.
    When we first came to aruba in 2001 they were superclean.
    Last august they were disgusting(the ones before the immigration line).
    It's really sad.
    I hope they will do something about it, cause we love Aruba!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i always use the restroom before the immigration line when departing (never know what the security/custom lines will be), lol. I don't think so much they are dirty but more of a no frills situation and I also think they probably get used an awful lot.

Aruba since 1979
    agree with gaby....the women's restroom before immigration is certainly no frills, but i do not remember it to be dirty....we were there in november.

i bet though, there is much fluctuation re: cleanliness especially between 1 and 4pm daily!
    i am sure the restroom attendant(s) have their jobs cut out for them every day.

the women's restroom near the luggage room.....same oninion.

but, i find them both very very stuffy and somewhat mildew smelling.
    a good ventilation system would be greatly appreciated by the tourists.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    i always use the restroom before the immigration line when departing (never know what the security/custom lines will be), lol. I don't think so much they are dirty but more of a no frills situation and I also think they probably get used an awful lot.

I meant the ones where you stand in line to get your passport stamped when you get off the plane. At arrivals. They were very dirty two years in a row.

Aruba since 1979
    that would be the ones at immigration.
    heavy heavy usage.

you may want to go tothe aruba airport webpage, contact us area, state your concerns.

hope that may help
    Quote Originally Posted by sheike View Post
    I meant the ones where you stand in line to get your passport stamped when you get off the plane. At arrivals. They were very dirty two years in a row.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I cant remember ever being in a dirty restroom on Aruba. Might just be my old age showing though. Most places on Aruba are pretty clean. I know the movie theater at the Seaport Mall is the cleanest movie theater I have ever been in in my life.

Most places on Aruba are indeed pretty clean, arubabob, and so are most of the restrooms. That is also one of the reasons we keep coming back.
    I was referring to the restrooms at the Arrival Side of the Airport that were very dirty.

I'm sure it depends on the time. I don't ever remember those restrooms being especially "dirty", but I think I'm just so happy to be off that plane & IN Aruba that I may not even notice!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ