Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Does anyone use Yapta?

Does anyone use Yapta?

I've used Yapta to track my flights for the last several years with no problems...This morning I recieved an email saying the flight from JFK to AUA dropped from $607 to $417. Great price, and that's what I usually pay. I went to Jet Blues website to book the exact flight I've been tracking, and it's still says $607??? I tried several times, same thing. Anyone else ever come across this problem?

what time was the mail you received?

and was it 400 before all the taxes were added?

The price $417 was with all the taxes. My email I received was very early in the morning, around 6 or 7am.

so the flight changed from 6am until you looked at the flight?

I wonder if you can use the email with the airline?

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    so the flight changed from 6am until you looked at the flight?

I wonder if you can use the email with the airline?
    No. The airline's price is what it is at any given time of day. They can change the fares in a blink of an eye several times a day and that is the price whether you missed the lower one or not.

I used to use sites like Yapta but have found that I'm my own best fare watcher/finder. When I'm getting ready to book a trip I check fares several times a day via Kayak.com since that site can check fares of several different airlines all at once (saves me time) - when I see a fare that's acceptable to me, I book it and never look back.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    When I'm getting ready to book a trip I check fares several times a day via Kayak.com since that site can check fares of several different airlines all at once (saves me time) - when I see a fare that's acceptable to me, I book it and never look back.
    I think the never looking back part is key. You could make yourself crazy with the what ifs, i.e. what if I waited another month or what if I booked it when it was cheap. I don't like the mental anguish so I just book and that is that.