Aruba Beach

Thread: Duty free Boos!!

AXE

Talking Duty free Boos!!

I am flying from the west coast and since there are no direct flights we have a layover in Houston. I have read from all the posts that I should buy my liqour at my departing airport duty free shop. Does anyone know what the hours are for the LAX duty free Boos store or Houston? My flight leaves at 2am from LAX and 930 from Houston. I just want to make sure i'll beable to buy my boos from the duty free. if not i will by from my local store and pack it in checked luggage. Any help would be GREAT!! thanks.

Most airport duty free stores open at 7-8am, you will not be able to buy any duty free at LAX due to your layover and can only buy duty free at your last departure (Hou) from the states. Most duty free shops require you buy your liquor at least 45 min.'s from departure and will meet you at the gate.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    If you are buying liquor on the way home from Aruba, Duty Free opens at 6 am.

Have I not been reading lately that folks are getting nailed at the airport by customs and are having to pay duty on the alcohol they bring to the island....I think Andrea made mention of it at one point....we used to bring a few bottles in our suitcases and bought DF on board USAir, but this year I figured if I had to pay duty I may as well just buy on the island...???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

AXE

Talking

Has anyone else heard of this paying duty to ARUBA for bringing your own boos? From what I have read it seems bringing your boos is the way to go but I just want to make sure. If anyone has any input it would be great.

Also if anyone knows anything about the hours of the duty free shops at the houston airport.

Thanks!!

The limit per person arriving into Aruba is 1 litre.

Quote Originally Posted by AXE View Post
    Has anyone else heard of this paying duty to ARUBA for bringing your own boos? From what I have read it seems bringing your boos is the way to go but I just want to make sure. If anyone has any input it would be great.

Also if anyone knows anything about the hours of the duty free shops at the houston airport.

Thanks!!
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    The beauty of having 2 teens with us is they are allowed a litre each...so, between us we are allowed to bring in 4 bottles...NOW, they aren't allowed to touch them thought, lol.

My Husband are traveling there next week and I am trying to figure out what we are allowed to bring. I've read 1 liter each, does that still count if we are sharing a suitcase?

Thanks in advance for you help!!!

Aruba since 1979
    per person, not per suitcase

since it will be packed in with your stuff, (i am assuming you are talking about going INTO aruba) make sure it is cushioned properly and generously. (we use bubble wrap. )

if stopped at aruba customs and they ask, tell them and show them 1 litre pp.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabella17 View Post
    My Husband are traveling there next week and I am trying to figure out what we are allowed to bring. I've read 1 liter each, does that still count if we are sharing a suitcase?

Thanks in advance for you help!!!

Aruba since 1979
    in a prior post/thread you mentioned this is a surprise trip for your husband's birthday.
    does he know yet?