Aruba Beach

Thread: Duty free express on departure from a US airport

Duty free express on departure from a US airport

Has anyone ever used the Duty Free express website and ordered liquor for your departing flight? We have a tight connection in Miami and I'm considering it, but it makes me nervous ordering in line and getting the delivery at the gate without talking to some one and confirming the gate.

There is a Miami flavor of Absolut vodka that we have only been able to get at the Miami airport. Otherwise we wouldn't worry about not having time to get to the duty free store during our connection.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    This may help but no we didn't order online. We were at gate F, I walked over to the store there, not sure of the name. I Purchased a bottle of Dom and a liter of rum, they asked for my boarding pass, ran back to my wife to get it and by the time I got back to pay they had it wrapped up in cardboard. After I paid I was expecting to get the bottles but they said they give it to me on the plane, we had 10 minutes, and as we boarded there was a guy there asking to see my receipt as he handed me the goods.

Thank you. We did and up ordering online because we only had an hour in Miami so we tried it online just in case we didn't have time to purchase the normal way like you did it. I do not think this option is available at all airports. They had our stuff with the cart of everything purchased in store routinely. We had to show our printed receipt and an ID. Somehow they doubled our order but have only charged us once. Jon signed for receipt of all the bottles so I thinking they may catch it in an audit of the receipts.
    Not sure when, but we will be back