Aruba Beach

Thread: Duty Free Strore...Hours of Operation?

Duty Free Strore...Hours of Operation?

Does anyone know the hours of operation for the duty free store at the airport. Unfortunately, our flight arrives late on a Sunday. Are you able to return to the airport after arrival/passing customs to purchase (customs issues)?? Thanks in advance...

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i do not know the store's hours of operation, but i will try to find out.
    i do know that once you pick up your luggage, that is when you proceed to the duty free shop and then on to aruba customs.
    once you go thru aruba customs there is NO going back in.

Quote Originally Posted by socal114 View Post
    Does anyone know the hours of operation for the duty free store at the airport. Unfortunately, our flight arrives late on a Sunday. Are you able to return to the airport after arrival/passing customs to purchase (customs issues)?? Thanks in advance...

I figured as much. Really trying to avoid packing bottles. I sent an email to the airport but so far no reply. Thanks, Andrea...

Aruba since 1979
    i have not heard back from my source that works at the airport.
    i do have a friend that returned last week and i asked her and she said, she came in on the late evening AA flight and the duty free was closed when she arrived.

if you are on that AA flight i guess i am advising you to count on the duty free being closed.

do you have a connection where?
    can u purchase at your connection airport?
    Quote Originally Posted by socal114 View Post
    I figured as much. Really trying to avoid packing bottles. I sent an email to the airport but so far no reply. Thanks, Andrea...

Personally I would not take the chance that duty free will not be open.
    I also doubt that you would be able to go to the airport the next day to make a purchase. Other every tourist on the island would do it.

Can you purchase your duty free items at your airport of departure?

Also be aware

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/AW-Aruba-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm

Customs Rules

Import regulations::

Free import by non-residents older than 15 years (residents may import half the duty free quantities). If more is imported the whole quantity is dutiable:

1. 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars;

2. 1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer;

3. gift articles up to a value of AWG 100.-.

I still haven't gotten a response from my email to the airport, so I'm not holding my breath awaiting one. I can't imagine it being open at 8-9 pm on a Sunday night. I will plan on packing or purchasing at my connecting flight. Thanks...

Can you bring bottles of liquor with you from the United States in your checked bags to Aruba with no problems?

Aruba since 1979
    yes
    yes you are allowed
    Free import by non-residents older than 15 years (residents may import half the duty free quantities). If more is imported the whole quantity is dutiable:
    1. 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars;
    2. 1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer;
    3. gift articles up to a value of AWG 100.-.

no......be real careful packing it. use lots of bubble wrap and cushioning.
    the problems happen when the bottles leak/break.

we transfer our liquor that we bring from home and pack in our checked luggage, into 20 oz water bottles. makes it easier for us. we bring a couple of 20 oz water bottles of light rum, one of vodka, one of baileys and one of kahlua.
    omgosh we sound like lushes.

please be advised that the aruba customs agent could/might look at your liquor and charge you the duty if they deem required. we have never been stopped (yet) and have been pretty lucky. our bags have only been opened by aruba customs 2x in 37+ visits.

Quote Originally Posted by mjr102 View Post
    Can you bring bottles of liquor with you from the United States in your checked bags to Aruba with no problems?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-10-2012 at 09:04 PM.