• 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Economy Minus Class

Aruba since 1979

Economy Minus Class

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/airlin...210058085.html

any of you ever flown on "Allegiant?" Allegiant may be worse than "Spirit"

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Does this mean you are bungee corded to the wing? How much lower can plain economy/coach get. They already do that, no free luggage, buy your drinks & snacks, seats that are tiny. I can't imagine what else they can eliminate short of actually getting a seat INSIDE the plane.

Bathrooms, lol.

Toilet paper 10cents a sheet, $1 to get toilet door opened, 25cents for each shot of soap dispenser, $5 to let you out of toilet when you're finished

Aruba since 1979
    probably
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Toilet paper 10cents a sheet, $1 to get toilet door opened, 25cents for each shot of soap dispenser, $5 to let you out of toilet when you're finished

No free carry on. I wonder if you can pay for a carry on? Crazy
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    No free carry on. I wonder if you can pay for a carry on? Crazy
    Maybe they mean the 29inch "carry-ons" that people try to cram in the overhead to save 25 bucks. If they allowed a back-pack or something like a large purse, it might be okay. But we'll never fly in that cabin, we made the mistake of flying coach/main/economy last year and we will never do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Maybe they mean the 29inch "carry-ons" that people try to cram in the overhead to save 25 bucks. If they allowed a back-pack or something like a large purse, it might be okay. But we'll never fly in that cabin, we made the mistake of flying coach/main/economy last year and we will never do that again.
    Walt, I'm with you. After getting stuck on the plane at the gate last year I was so thankful to be in first class. We will probably fly economy plus again but that's about it. My goal is to stay in first whenever we can swing it. We have cut back on what we spend on our room and it all evens out.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Tracey believe it or not, after some diligent searching for flights, our first class tickets were only about $200 more per person in April than coach in September when we usually go. We're going to be there 21 days, so we need to cut back about 20 bucks a day to fully recoup the extra price should we even care to. That's a couple of frozen drinks at happy hour. And we don't pay for our rooms, we own and use points I get from work. To us it's a no brainer. Sorry, I got a bit off topic...