Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EWR airfare

I booked a few months ago but not from newark. Im going the same time Nov 1-Nov 8 to JFK on Delta, but for some reason the NJ schools are out of session. The airfare will go down just stick it out.
    alan
    we have been going for the past 10 years your airfare should be around 450-500 per person!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzalarry View Post
    Hi, I need help! My mom got a timeshare for my husband and I for Nov 1-8 and the airfare through Continental from Newark is over 1000! Is there something special about that week that I don't know about..because other weeks are not that much money. Or am I looking too far in advance? I don't feel like spending 2 days flying, so I prefer a direct flight!
    Jet Blue flies from JFK direct, but they haven't even put those dates on sale yet. (Just up to 10-31). Can someone please advise me! I hate the airlines game!!
    Suzanne

Suzanne,

We fly out of Newark all the time but in May. I usually pay in the low 5 hundreds with tax. The first week in Nov. is when a lot of kids are off 3 days from school. I think it might be teachers convention so it will be higher. You should check everyday. i'm sure they will go down. That is way too expensive.

I'm from NJ and have been told that its teachers convention week,allot of travel,not to many conventions.

EWR-AWA Continental with taxes today $920.00 per ticket...Bring back Aruba Air......

Have you looked at the fares on Spirit Airlines? They fly to Aruba out of the Atlantic City airport on Saturdays.

airfare

we booked our tickets through expedia about 3 weeks ago.
    Leaving from Providence, RI with a stop over, $830 for two tickets via Delta. (staying in Aruba for two weeks, leaving Nov. 28th--Dec12th).
    Since then the prices have gone up to $1000 each ticket.

It's just something you have to check daily and hope it comes down.

Paula

i booked

I am flying first class out of JFK on a direct flight and returning to EWR on a one connection flight also both first class. I paid 2k total for 2 tickets, which I thought was pretty good for first class..since we aren't paying anything for the timeshare, we figured we'd splurge. Thanks for all the help on here! I can't wait to go.
    Darn teacher conventions.

Something I never understood,if the teachers are at conventions why is travel so high that week,I don't think they fly to the conventions in there area.Just a thought.....Humm,do they really go to there conventions or do they all take vacations that week...

We're going the same week, we switched to Oct31st instead and saved a ton of money. Also check JFK, we booked on AA and was alittle over $600 ea, non-stop. That week is teachers convention week, in Jersey at least, so that may explain the cost abit. We are going with almost 20 people and managed to get all on the same flight, gonna rent a bus to the airport. We're from central jersey area and if you switch plans, maybe we would have room on the bus for you guys, going 10/31 to 11/7.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12