Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhausted

Exhausted

We flew back on AA1044 on 12/13/08. It took us 2 1/2 hrs from the time we checked our luggage until we finally arrived at the gate. The airport was horribly understaffed. 1 person checking passports. I will never fly on a Saturday again. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Well, I hate to tell you this, but it happens to us in april all the time. We have to give ourselves 2.75 to 3 hours to feel "safe"...It seems to be the norm.

Right now I'd rather have airport staff bothering me rather than work.

I really don't think it matters any more what day of the week you fly you'll run into some sort of obstacle coming and/or going.

Just try and remember your traveling for fun not business or an emergency

Happy New Year to all

Quote Originally Posted by zadie18 View Post
    We flew back on AA1044 on 12/13/08. It took us 2 1/2 hrs from the time we checked our luggage until we finally arrived at the gate. The airport was horribly understaffed. 1 person checking passports. I will never fly on a Saturday again. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
    Saturdays during high season are always bad. When we fly on Saturdays in Sept., it only takes us about an hour (sometimes less) to get to our gate because there are less flights. When I go to Aruba in April I always try to fly home on any day EXCEPT Saturdays.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    I flew on Sunday for the first time my last trip and I was amazed! Sunday was much less crowded than on Saturday. From now on I will do my best not to fly out on a Saturday.. Sunday was sooooo much easier!

Geez, I always have trouble on Sundays....Well, maybe not as bad as Saturday's, but this November they changed the way the wait is for US Customs and so it was a cattle call line...better than people jumping lines like usual......But I do agree with Moe & Jeff....rather wait in a line for 21/2 hours than be at home at work...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

NO matter what day of the week it is, keep in mind airlines can do what they want, so they are the ones that back up everybody. Besides the one person that does not know/or makes believe not to know and holds everybody up. Be safe than sorry, and like monewcamp said, you are going on vacation, put your vacation head on, and do not let anything bother you.

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Its probably a flip of the coin whenever you leave.. Whether their is a ton of people or lack of staffing by the airlines. Best bet is to get there early and get it over with!

From my personal experience with Continental Airlines, it does not matter how many people are in line if you are an Elite One Pass member because there is a separate line. We always leave on a Saturday and the airport seems to be always crowded but we never did wait on a line. Continental is good for something!

One way of getting the benefits of Elite status is to get the Contential Airlines credit card with Chase Bank. It will pay for itself in a matter of a few months. Other benefits include two suitcases as 70lbs each; entrance to the President's Club, no waiting in line at the airport, first to board the plane, baggage is the first to arrive at the airport from the plane, etc.

For additional information, here is the link to the card http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...spx?offer=PP00

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    From my personal experience with Continental Airlines, it does not matter how many people are in line if you are an Elite One Pass member because there is a separate line. We always leave on a Saturday and the airport seems to be always crowded but we never did wait on a line. Continental is good for something!

One way of getting the benefits of Elite status is to get the Contential Airlines credit card with Chase Bank. It will pay for itself in a matter of a few months. Other benefits include two suitcases as 70lbs each; entrance to the President's Club, no waiting in line at the airport, first to board the plane, baggage is the first to arrive at the airport from the plane, etc.

For additional information, here is the link to the card http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...spx?offer=PP00

Regards,
    Having an airline credit card is a great way to get first class service at checkin, even if you're flying coach.

As for problems with staffing in Aruba, aren't most of the employees there contract labor and not actually airline employees? Last time I was down I noticed that most do not have airline IDs, and that's usually a sign that they are contract and not direct hire employees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast