Aruba Beach

Thread: Expensive Flight Not So Bad

Expensive Flight Not So Bad

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to share my exprience with you all. So about a month ago I booked 2 Jet Blue round trip tickets to Aruba out of JFK. I initially paid $1353 with taxes and fees. I believe the breakdown without taxes and fees was $359 per person leaving and $229 returning. I have since checked back numerous times to see if the rates have gotten any better and on 3 occasions they did. Jet Blue will issue you a credit if you notice the price has changed in your favor and put it in a Jet Blue Account for you to use on future flights with them. For this trip, alone, I have been credited $380 over the course of the last month.
    1st credit $120
    2nd credit $200
    3rd credit $60
    I knew that I had paid too much for the tickets from the start but was afraid airfare would only get more expensive. 2 years ago we went to Aruba and paid about $450 round trip per person and I cringed to spend more than that, but I did it anyway. My husband and I do not go on many vacations but now we will be forced to relax on vacation again. I guess it could be worse, right?
    Last edited by jaime6894; 09-24-2009 at 01:14 PM.

airfare

HI I just checked the airfare from Bos to Aruba for the end of Oct. it's 159.00 non stop bothe ways right now.

Aruba since 1979
    jet blue has been very agreeable when issuing credits.

when doing so with some of the other airlines, one usually has to promise them the firstborn child. ;-)

seriously though, i am glad you got some credits!
    nice to hear good things for a change.
    andrea

Glad that chose JB J!
    I have flown for over 37 yrs (w/US Navy and later, DoD) and I can state that JB has the best crews, Attendants, crediting, Web Site, and best of all those folks who greet you at the terminals (esp JFK!).
    Have a great time in Aurba!
    Thanks to All Who Serve!

I will agree with that. I will pay a little more money to fly them v/s say AA who is forever changing flights..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Even though I flew Jet Blue only once (California), I loved Jet Blue. Wish there was flights to Aruba from Newark.

Our dear friends took a US Air flight to the Caribe area 2 months ago; had a stop-over in Florida; total flight time was about 4 hours; they were "rationed" 1/2 cup of Coke per person on the way down and almost a full can on the way back.
    They want to go back to Aruba with our family again..forever via JB!
    Thanks to All Who Serve!