Aruba Beach

Thread: Fare sale covering late June/early July- possible?

Fare sale covering late June/early July- possible?

Hi

I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip for my family to Aruba for late June or early July.

The fares from Newark or New York for this time of year seem rather pricey right now and I am wondering if I would be well advised to wait for a fare sale or if the popularity of travel in that 'end of school- July 4th' time frame means that I'd be better off just booking something before fares go any higher.

We fell in love with the Tamarijn on an anniversary trip last april and would like to return with the kids after school closes this June (kids stay free is a HUGE incentive!) Since airfare is the only piece of the trip to be multiplied by 4, I am trying to get a good deal. My fares in April of 09 were just 385 pp including taxes. I know that was a good price (we flew on Mondays) and I am wondering if I should book something soon or wait for a sale. I am seeing around 525 - 550 numbers now. I did catch a sale last year, I remember that, but again, we were flying in late april which I think is something of an in-between season and therefore less popular.

Thanks again to all of the dedicated bloggers on this site-- you're wisdom was a huge help in planning my trip last year.

Aruba since 1979
    that time frame is pretty popular with aruba.
    many americans, europeans begin their holidays then.....kids are on summer break!

a fare of about $500 is probably close to what you will find even later on.
    is the fare that you are quoting including tax and fees?
    i would give it another month, maybe 2 and then "pull the trigger".

does your schedule allow you to fly midweek?

there are sites that will trak your airfare
    the one i like is www.kayak.com

and yes, the tamarijn is the best deal for AI when you have kids with you.
    it is a great family resort.
    tamarijn has a very high rate of return business.

welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by tjpdoherty View Post
    Hi

I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip for my family to Aruba for late June or early July.

The fares from Newark or New York for this time of year seem rather pricey right now and I am wondering if I would be well advised to wait for a fare sale or if the popularity of travel in that 'end of school- July 4th' time frame means that I'd be better off just booking something before fares go any higher.

We fell in love with the Tamarijn on an anniversary trip last april and would like to return with the kids after school closes this June (kids stay free is a HUGE incentive!) Since airfare is the only piece of the trip to be multiplied by 4, I am trying to get a good deal. My fares in April of 09 were just 385 pp including taxes. I know that was a good price (we flew on Mondays) and I am wondering if I should book something soon or wait for a sale. I am seeing around 525 - 550 numbers now. I did catch a sale last year, I remember that, but again, we were flying in late april which I think is something of an in-between season and therefore less popular.

Thanks again to all of the dedicated bloggers on this site-- you're wisdom was a huge help in planning my trip last year.

I use Kayak as well. Set up an account and an alert for your dates.
    Downside is that from NYC metro kayak will not show you pricing for Jet Blue. I do not know if there is another service which would or you would have to check their site daily.

Looking real quick for dates in June I found Continenal for $454 rt. Not a bad price, $350 would probably be closer to a "sale" fare. Like Andrea said, you still have some time, especially if your dates are flexible.

try yapta

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]