Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is flight $509 w/tax from newark NJ to Aruba good?

Is flight $509 w/tax from newark NJ to Aruba good?

Well its our third trip to Aruba this coming December. We just started looking at the trip reviews here on this forum again. So happy to see alot of familiar names and positive trip reviews-like Hans at tropic and Trees @ Aruba discount cell. Last year we got $469.00 total round trip direct flight from Newark to Aruba. I know some of you come from Jersey too, so we wanted to compare prices to see if we should wait longer. This time $509.00 total.
    It feels like old times coming back here to prepare for our count down less than 80 days to go! If anyone cares to share we would appreciate your input.
    Thanks,
    Sean and Susan
    N.J

Aruba since 1979
    i am assuming it is nonstop on united/continental (does continental even exist anymore?)

i think you got an OK deal. Not a steal, but in no means a bad deal.
    Ours Orlando to Mia to Aua is $501 on AA for early November. Not a steal but not good.

No looking back
    Seriously, only look back if you are on Jet Blue and if your price drops, you might be credited the difference of your old fair minus the new price = a credit to be used towards future travel.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Well its our third trip to Aruba this coming December. We just started looking at the trip reviews here on this forum again. So happy to see alot of familiar names and positive trip reviews-like Hans at tropic and Trees @ Aruba discount cell. Last year we got $469.00 total round trip direct flight from Newark to Aruba. I know some of you come from Jersey too, so we wanted to compare prices to see if we should wait longer. This time $509.00 total.
    It feels like old times coming back here to prepare for our count down less than 80 days to go! If anyone cares to share we would appreciate your input.
    Thanks,
    Sean and Susan
    N.J

Considering the price of oil...$40 more per person over last year, in the big pictures, sounds like a good price to me.

Is that a sale price? If your dates are flexible, you could probably monitor the fares daily to see if they go down, but otherwise, pull the trigger and do not look back

Thanks guys. Re-checkec today and it was at 493.00 direct flight on United from newark to Aruba round trip. The flight was olny 363.00 RT but it has an additional $110.40 in taxes and fees. We booked the flight so we could get an aisle seat without paying more. Alot of seats were already sold out. We got the United Explorer Card which gives us free baggage, two United Club Passes and priority boarding if we book with the card. just emailed Hans to reserve a car. He has worked out great before. We will hook up with Trees later and The Black Pearl and Madi for a fun tour of the island. We will keep checking trip reviews for secret out of the way places.

Thanks
    Sean and Susan

$509 From Newark ia a great price

I believe that if you really want to go away somewhere you'll pay the slightly higher rate (especially only 2 months from the date)! Heck its vacation. I too leave from EWR and just got tickets for 399 on those non stops on United. Our schedule if very flexible so I clicked on "flexible" on their site and when the whole month popped up with all the prices I picked the only day that month that it was 399 (actually their was one other day that month the price was also 399 but shot up to 535 before my very eyes, AHHHH). Looks like for December there is a fare of 408 on Dec. 4th, 9th and 11th! That's it! Happy Travels!

$500-$600 is an average price for the most part. Anything under $500 is a pretty good deal.

I think nonstop for 500.00 is a great price.thats what I paid for this Feb from Boston haven't seen it that low again since June when I booked it..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

we paid 425.00 about a month after they became available for our nov.25th trip,since then its been much higher until 11 to 12 weeks out when it was for a brief time 423.00.its on its way back up now.its all about timing

All depends on your exact dates, I booked jfk to aua in nov for $427pp total, then watched the price dip later that week to $397. That low price lasted about a week and is now over $500. But I have to stop in miami. I remember looking @ newark and the price was higher, so I thing your price is a good deal esp being in dec and that fact that it is so close.

I have a daily price email sent to me from kayak, free and easy to learn about prices. I have it set for exact dates and best prices from 6 airports all to aua.

In march 2013 I paid. $397direct from LGA. I get a hotel room in ny that includes 1 week parking with tax and fees and I save about $1k net over PHL. That is for four tixs.

Good luck and have fun!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast