Aruba Beach

Thread: flight & customs questions

flight & customs questions

I have been doing a ton of reading...the only other time I have left the country, needing a passport , i was 18 and someone else handled all the customs stuff. I read that they dont want you to take electronics (i.e. camera and laptop) on board the airplane...has anyone ever had any issues with this? I am very nervous about taking these things. my mom and step-dad just went to the dominican republic and he had his camera full of pictures stolen out of his tsa locked suitcase...

Aruba since 1979
    do not pack valuables like electronics, prescriptions and jewelry in your checked luggage

we have traveled extensively pre and post the events of 9/11/01 and continue to carry our cell phones, lap tops, cd walkmans (no i pods for us yet) and other portable electronic devices.

no problems at all carying on.

shortly after the 9/11 horror, airports/tsa/security were cracking down on batteries. no longer an issue.

bring your electronic creature comforts onboard.
    andrea

This site should answer a lot of questions for you and hopefully alleviate some of your concerns:

TSA: What To Know Before You Go

I always carry on my photography gear. (and laptop/iPod/cell phone, etc.) Never had any issues with either security or customs.

Agree with everything below (take ipod, camera, laptop on board)....want to add one thing. Lithium batteries cannot be loose....need to be installed in electronic item or some other packing with terminals covered.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thank you all, that info was helpful and put my mind at rest!

Glad peeps here have put your mind at ease. Just remember, never pack anything in checked bags thats valuable, irreplaceable, meds etc. if you can lose it, PACK It. Also, if you are traveling with someone, pack half your clothes and half his/her clothes in one suitcase. and the rest in the other suitcase. That way if one gets lost, at least you both have stuff................

Also in your carryon, 1 bathing suit, 2 tshirt, 1 shorts, 1 change of undies, Your 1qt zip lock with toiletries (I can actually get by for 5 days with that bag). That way if your bag goes missing for a day or so, at least you can get to the beach............

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Agree with everything below (take ipod, camera, laptop on board)....want to add one thing. Lithium batteries cannot be loose....need to be installed in electronic item or some other packing with terminals covered.

I plan to take my digital camera in my carry-on with rechargable digital camera batteries already loaded. I have a recharger base and two extra sets of batteries that I want to take in my carry-on also. Is it okay if I leave these batteries in the charger or do I have to buy new rechargeable batteries and leave them in the packs until we arrive?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    If you carry on batteries they have to be in an sealed packgage, or installed in an electronic devise. Do not pack electronics in your suitcase...otherwise you take the risk of not seeing it. If you have ear buds they work for the movies or music on the plane.
    Last edited by cindyo; 06-04-2008 at 07:44 AM.