Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight problems

Flight problems

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

We booked on United Buffalo to Washington to Aruba last April for Dec 19, 2008 to March 3, 2009. There was a flight change in October to return on March 4.2009 because United canceled the March 3, 2009 flight.

We get to Buffalo Airport early on the 19th for our flight and are now told that we can only book for 30 DAYS before we have to have a return flight. Other wise we need an Aruba Visa to stay longer.
    Apparently this is policy and the Airline can be fined if they book past 30 DAYS for a return flight.

United booked us a return flight with in the 30 days, Dec. 31, 2008 at a charge of $150 each for the change.

We still have our return flight booked for March 4. 2009 and I have to try to contact United here in Aruba to sort this all out and cancel our Dec 31 flight.

What a mess.

Besides this problem my wife used her credit card at the United desk for the extra charge. We get to Aruba and try to use the card and it is blocked. Someone in Houston charged $100 at a Wendy’s and Visa put a block on our CCs because they new we were going to Aruba on this date. We had to phone back to Canada to find out what happened. So now my wife had to cut up her card and they reinstated mine for use. Different numbers.

By the way. No problems with Max, our dog. He is here.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh
    terrible

pls keep us updated

and i am glad your pup is with you safe and sound.

united story............niece and husband were to hav e flown out to orlando manchester nh to philly to mco. their flight was changed, they were not notified, their kids were put on one flight, the parents on another and the new itinerary was manchester to chicago to philly to orlando.

i have no idea how it turned out.
    they'll be here for dinner at 5 and i will get the latest news.

i wish you and mrs ebb well and hope that your stay n aruba is marvelous

see you jan 8 - 22
    you in your usual apartment at AM?

andrea

Since you are already in Aruba, I would think that you could contact the Aruba Tourism Authority or Aruba Immigration to determine policies regarding stays over 30 days and how to extend your stay past 30 days.

When that is done contact United. CC issue sure sounds fishy.

We own a home in Aruba and plan on going for 6 weeks starting in Jan 2009. Are we going to have a problem staying over the 30 days if we own a home?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciboney View Post
    We own a home in Aruba and plan on going for 6 weeks starting in Jan 2009. Are we going to have a problem staying over the 30 days if we own a home?
    As far as I have heard it seems to be a "United" situation. Print off the info from the Aruba site and carry it with you.

Even on the USA site it says "MAY" ask to see.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

I have a question for you about your situation? Is this only an issue because of United Airlines? What happens if you book a return flight and then once you arrive in Aruba you call and change the return flight for three months later? Will they allow you to do this?

Also, I thought that as a fellow Canadian you may find this interesting. On the website arubabeaches.com there was this post:

"Many people are here - I’m guessing - on a last minute deal. I also noticed that the biggest flights on Saturday were Canadian. I even saw flights with more than 250 people per airplane from Toronto."

I have been trying to book my flights for next Christmas through Air Canada and guess what? As of now, it seems that they may have canceled the flights! Can you imagine that? What I was told was that they will reassess this route later and it may return but for now it is not slated for Air Canada to be travelling to Aruba during next winter.
    Last edited by Randi; 01-09-2009 at 02:27 PM.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Would like to know what happened

I am curious as to what happened to our fellow Canadians (since we are well past the 31st) very strange situation, as my husband says it sounds like the american folks are getting us mixed up with Europeans since we think that maybe they only get a 30 day visa for visiting. We own a home here in Aruba (and are here now for 2 months) and no issue. If customs comes knocking on our door i will let you know Hello to all the Canadians on the island. Maybe we should have a Canadian get together and talk hockey and snow.

No problem as long as your not a "leafs fan"! How long are you in Aruba for?

It is freezing here but at least not as much snow as last year. I can't wait to get back to Aruba in 6 weeks.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

actually i am a bit of a no fan, maybe the Oilers (from my youth) I would be better at talking about snow and Tim Hortons truth be know. We are in Aruba for another 4 weeks only. Okay not only....

I bring my Tim Hortons with me and I give it some people in Aruba as gifts. May be we can open a Tim Hortons in Aruba???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast