Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight problems

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?

We booked on United Buffalo to Washington to Aruba last April for Dec 19, 2008 to March 3, 2009. There was a flight change in October to return on March 4.2009 because United canceled the March 3, 2009 flight.

We get to Buffalo Airport early on the 19th for our flight and are now told that we can only book for 30 DAYS before we have to have a return flight. Other wise we need an Aruba Visa to stay longer.
    Apparently this is policy and the Airline can be fined if they book past 30 DAYS for a return flight.

United booked us a return flight with in the 30 days, Dec. 31, 2008 at a charge of $150 each for the change.

We still have our return flight booked for March 4. 2009 and I have to try to contact United here in Aruba to sort this all out and cancel our Dec 31 flight.

What a mess.

Besides this problem my wife used her credit card at the United desk for the extra charge. We get to Aruba and try to use the card and it is blocked. Someone in Houston charged $100 at a Wendy’s and Visa put a block on our CCs because they new we were going to Aruba on this date. We had to phone back to Canada to find out what happened. So now my wife had to cut up her card and they reinstated mine for use. Different numbers.

By the way. No problems with Max, our dog. He is here.

Can you update us on your situation?? Love to hear the outcome.
    Thanks!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I have a question. How do you phone Canada? We are trying and we receive either call barred or incorrect number. We use Rogers and are trying the + 1 and we have tried using the country code way as well....nothing. Thanks. And just as an aside, we flew home from Hawaii on United last year - our flight was cancelled while we were checking in - stayed an extra 2 days in Hawaii on Uniteds dollar but then it was 24 flying hours to get home to Calgary - No more United for us! Hope you can help me calling home.

you have to dial 001, the area code and number. Sometimes the cell phone isn't programed for international calls so it will not allow you to make those kind of calls. Not sure about Rogers but that is the case with Bell.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    This is baffling to me, because I came last year for 60 days, told them 60 days, and had no problems at all. My understanding is actually that you can stay 90 days (3 months).

Rogers phone

I have a Rogers phone.
    If 001 doesn't work, try putting a + sign in front of the 1, then the area code.
    If you have access to a computer, use Skype to call a regular phone in Canada. It is much cheaper than using a phone. ($0.024/min)

Add me to the "Canadian Club". I am here for 92 days and the customs guy in Aruba commented but didn't seem to have any problem with it.

Stella Robertson

Did you fly Air Canada or a US carrier? It sounds like the problem was the US carrier??

Be happy your in Aruba, freezing here in the great white north!! I am in Ottawa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12