Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Flight reductions

Looks like JetBlue has minor reductions in march and april from Boston. JFK will see an average of one less flight per day to Aruba in those months. Changes will be "live" on Friday. I certainly hope the reductions in seats to the US are offset by increases from south and central america or Europe.

Wink JB flights

I had a flight booked on JB from Bos 2/25. They just cancelled our flight and put us on the direct flight one hour before. So for 2/25 only have two direct flights from BOS instead of three. I wish they would give me the $100. change fee for changing the flight on me - LOL.

Jet Blue is cutting their flights in June and July by 30-40%, changes will be active on Friday

United is adding a couple flights per week from Dulles and O'Hare starting in December or January. Nice to see some increases

JetBlue adding a couple weekly flights in November and December from Boston
    Airtran/southwest are adding a couple weekly flights from BWI in November, December and January as well as increasing ATL to 7x a week in November and December. They did reduce ATL in January though.

Changes will be effective on Friday

Chadd, thanks for all the updates on flights. United is cancelling the only direct flight from Houston to Aruba on Saturday effective some time in August. Our group is now looking at alternate flights. Best we've seen so far may be Southwest from Houston Hobby to Orlando and then Airtran to Aruba. And of course, AA from Houston Intercontinental to Miami and then to Aruba, but would prefer not going through Miami. Next visit won't be until June 2013, so we still have plenty of time to schedule our flights.

United is cutting a lot of flights out of IAH and claiming it is due to opening Hobby to international flights. That is one big mess down there.

[QUOTE= but would prefer not going through Miami. Next visit won't be until June 2013, so we still have plenty of time to schedule our flights.[/QUOTE]

I don't really care for Miami Airport, but our last trip went DCA-MIA-AUA. We did have to connect using the the sky train thing, but even with less than an hour to connect and me being really slow, we had no problems. With Aruba having pre-customs coming home and all of Americans flights being in the same general area, you avoid a lot of the things that make Miami such a pain.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Chadd, yes they are cutting out a lot of flights from IAH; i.e., direct Houston/Paris for one. United fought The City of Houston trying to deny Hobby becoming an International Airport, but they lost. Could be earliest would be 2014 or 2015 before we see international flights from Hobby, but could be wrong. Only hope that it would be sooner.

Delta just cancelled our direct flights from LGA to AUA for March 30 We now have a stopover in Atlanta and arrive 2 hrs later...our direct flight home was cancelled 2 weeks ago. If they wouldn't charge so much for these direct flights, they might fill the plane! When I booked them in June I paid $418 RT..soon after it rose to over $800. Now even the layover flights are over $1000 pp. for a trip 8 months away. At that price how can a family afford to fly? I'm hoping Airtran stays affordable and soon comes to LI now that they are merged with SW. I'd much prefer Islip over LGA or JFK!
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast