Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flights Not Available 6 Months Out?

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)

Flights Not Available 6 Months Out?

So my husband and I have been checking flights with AA just to see what the prices are showing this far out from our trip. June 6th to the 13th is our timeshare week at the Costa Linda, and usually we fly out at 5:45 am to get to Aruba at 2 or so in the afternoon that Friday.

This time we are finding something strange, AA.com had the 5:45 flights up on their website last week, but they noted that there were limited seats left. We thought yeah right, just a trick to get you to book your flights. Well now they are gone from the website...???

Does anyone find that 6 months out the flights book up?? Usually people that I have talked to on here wait until 2-3 months before their trip to book their flight, and that is generally the rule of thumb we follow also. It is really strange to me that the flights are booking so far ahead of the time we will be there in June....I know Aruba is a popular destination, but I have never seen flights book up so far out. I am thinking it is American trying to pull a fast one, I would bet money that give it a couple of months and flights will start popping up on the site again.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen before.

That is when we go to Costa Linda in Aruba too and our flight to come home just opened up about a week ago through Air Tran. We booked last year on Christmas Day and the airfare went down one time in in January before the price shot up and continually increased. I am almost ready to pull the trigger. I feel like the airfares have been harder to predict this year. I can't imagine the flight you are looking for is already booked so far out. I hope it reopens for you.

Aruba since 1979
    what is your departure city?
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    So my husband and I have been checking flights with AA just to see what the prices are showing this far out from our trip. June 6th to the 13th is our timeshare week at the Costa Linda, and usually we fly out at 5:45 am to get to Aruba at 2 or so in the afternoon that Friday.

This time we are finding something strange, AA.com had the 5:45 flights up on their website last week, but they noted that there were limited seats left. We thought yeah right, just a trick to get you to book your flights. Well now they are gone from the website...???

Does anyone find that 6 months out the flights book up?? Usually people that I have talked to on here wait until 2-3 months before their trip to book their flight, and that is generally the rule of thumb we follow also. It is really strange to me that the flights are booking so far ahead of the time we will be there in June....I know Aruba is a popular destination, but I have never seen flights book up so far out. I am thinking it is American trying to pull a fast one, I would bet money that give it a couple of months and flights will start popping up on the site again.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen before.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We just booked Delta thru ATL. June 6 returning June 18. The flight was empty. We booked the first 3 seats in First/bus class both ways. The coach seats were also vacant. This flight arrives in Aruba at 2:00pm. We are also attempting to rent an owner week at CL.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what is your departure city?
    DFW with a connection in Miami.

dmconn1- I hope it reopens, too. I can't believe prices so far this year! Crazy high. I waited until April last year to book our flights and we got them for around $500 ea. with American, which is the lowest I have ever seen them. I am debating whether to wait longer or book sooner than April this time. I have seen them go up and down so far, hopefully they go down again.

arubabob - That is what I would have expected for AA, empty flights. Weird that they are coming up so full. Hope you find someone to rent from for the CL, I love staying there!!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    dmconn1- I hope it reopens, too. I can't believe prices so far this year! Crazy high. I waited until April last year to book our flights and we got them for around $500 ea. with American, which is the lowest I have ever seen them. I am debating whether to wait longer or book sooner than April this time. I have seen them go up and down so far, hopefully they go down again.

arubabob - That is what I would have expected for AA, empty flights. Weird that they are coming up so full. Hope you find someone to rent from for the CL, I love staying there!!
    It is possible that AA is cancelling or changing that early morning flight from DFW since the merger. If that's the case, tickets might dry up for that day. Hard to say what changes will be made in the next few months. May have conflicting flights with U S Air. Take a look at Delta DFW/ATL/AUA. There was plenty of availability on the AUA leg. We got first/bus class for $920 each plus had enough ff miles to get another $150 off per ticket, so almost coach fare. We have stayed at CL 6 times in our 16 trips. We love it too. Usually put in for a trade through RCI for our vegas timeshare. Usually very flexible in dates so trade almost anytime. Had to have a specific week this year though so we decided to rent from an owner. Looks like we will be in room 4006. We were in 4007 for 2 weeks last year. See you in Aruba.

Just looked at AA for your date in June.....2 seats left at $752 pp for the 545 arriving around 230....

Thanks for all the replies. Husband just checked the website and the 5:45 flight is back up again like nailsmom said! $601 today. Hoping they fall some more before we book. That flight is saying only 2 seats left again, go figure. I am onto you, AA!

I work for AA. Both flights from MIA-AUA are wide open with plenty of seats for June 6th. and the return on the 13th.
    Please ask if you have further questions. I noticed there is a change of equipment during that time period so maybe the system was updating as you were checking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast