Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flights from Toronto Canada to Aruba

Well, as said previously on this particular thread, the hope of getting a reasonably priced flight from Toronto to Aruba is not too likely to happen, much like renting a 3 room apartment in Florida for $60 a month.... don't count on it.
    Unfortunately the Canadian airline industry has something of a stranglehold on anyone that flies out of, or within Canadian airspace. It's not as if the planes are anything special or wonderful, it's just that things seem to be a little (lot) more pricey up here. Why is anyone's guess.

My Lady and I truly wish there were some way to do the flights less expensively as well. The idea of dong the changeover and the repeated journeys through customs, here there and everywhere seems to take the glow off the idea of a restful journey and vacation. Nothing like getting where you really want to be to find out that your luggage is missing or something like that. And I'm sure there are more than a few hereabouts that have been through that little joy.

I hope you can get yourself a "deal" to get to paradise. And if you do, let the rest of us north of the 49th know how you did it. I'd love to get to Aruba without selling the farm on a yearly basis...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Hey Randi, it appears that the flights through Charlotte and other cities are very very long and so I decided not to go that route. However, do you know if in the winter they are shorter? Less layover time? Where do you live and which US city do you go through if you don't mind me asking. My sister lives in Vancouver (my hometown) and is joining us in Toronto and then going on to Aruba. As you probably know, all Vancouver fares are outrageous right now and she's looking at $640 to TO and then another $850 is what we booked to Aruba. Ridiculous! But had no choice. Wondered what the options were. The flights from Seattle to Atlanta to Miami to Aruba were too long, taking more than a full day and part of night so she wouldn't do it alone.

There is a flight that leaves Toronto to Charlotte around 6ish in the morning and then you have about one hour in Charlotte until you catch the flight to Aruba. This is with US AIR.

Our route of preference is to go to Philadelphia THE NIGHT BEFORE, and travel to Aruba on their 8am flight to Aruba. We prefer to go the night before (especially when we are travelling in the winter), stay at the Marriott which is right at the airport and then continue in the morning. It gives us peace of mind that we won't miss our connection especially with the problems with winter travel and storms and breaks up the flights nicely. Again, US Air.

We have also travelled Washington (dulles) to Aruba too on United and that is a nice flight. We also go to Dulles the night before for the same reasons as above but also we can't make a connection all in one day. For whatever reasons, on our trip home with either US Air or United we can get home in one day.

Most flights from the North Eastern US to Aruba are around 5 hours. Not much difference than the AC flight time ( a little) but it is the flight price differential that is our motivating force in not using AC. We can get to Toronto easier than any other city but it too costly. I will PM you my originating city.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Next time I will take the connecting flight that leaves at 6am thru Charlotte or drive to Buffalo and go from there, it seems much cheaper. I still feel ill knowing we paid over $850 each for our flights thru Westjet when now I see that we could have flown for around $500 return. Live and learn.

Canadian taxes are crazy. I have to pay more in taxes to fly to Toronto than to Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    Next time I will take the connecting flight that leaves at 6am thru Charlotte or drive to Buffalo and go from there, it seems much cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    Wow, thanks for the reply, we can't fly from the US or stop in the US at all as my husband can't enter the US. That's why this has become a difficult one for us.
    You specifically told us that you were unable to fly through the United States.
    That was one of the first suggestions which were made to you.

Planning complicated trip from toronto and vancouver need advice

Lisa, I said that my husband could not fly through the US and so we won't be on this trip so we booked a direct flight. However, I plan on going again without him on a girl's only trip and I have no issue with going through the US so will be using the cheaper option. If you notice I said next time. This trip has been complicated and difficult to due all the different people coming, i.e, my sisters from Vancouver and UK respectively and my husband not being able to enter US. However, the next one will be much simpler and cheaper. Everyone on here says that once you go to Aruba you want to go again and again and I believe it so I talked to a girlfriend and we decided to plan a trip for us. Is this ok?

amarg,
    did you see my post from your original thread yesterday? Take a look!

Planning complicated trip from toronto and vancouver need advice
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

your post

Thanks Randi, will contact a lawyer and see what's up this week.
    Last edited by amarg; 07-27-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Wrong recipient

We live in Mississauga (just west of Toronto) and are on the island 7-8 times per year. All our research has validated just ONE thing . . . the Canadian airlines skin you alive in terms of pricing. We just got back about an hour ago . . . and here are your best options (all out of Buffalo if you don;t mind the 2 hour drive).

Delta - via Atlanta - we booked for $430 USD pp

JetBlue - via NY JFK - used to be the best price at $308 return before taxes, but they have JACKED up their pricing now and it is around $800 return - not happy with them . . .

US Airways - via Charlotte - again, you can find pricing from Bufalo for under $500 return on their airline.

Continental -via NYC . . . hit and miss with pricing . . . and flying 1.5 hours east to go 4.5 hours south is not THAT convenient . . .

If you don't mind the 2 hours drive to save $$$, then fly from Buffalo - we cross the border at fort Erie which is usually a breeze . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast