Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flights from the UK?......

Flights from the UK?......

HI Guys,

We are going this July to the Tam ( and really excited already!), and just wondering how everyone else is getting there from the UK? Our flight leaves from manchester with First Choice, so looking for other ideas for a future trip...

Hubby has loads of BA points which we never seem to cash in, and was really wanting to know if it was possible to use these up at some point to get to aruba, even via the US.

Any ideas would be great, ........... tequilla here I come!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Mia

Banned
    BA is part of world alliance which includes american airlines. use your free miles with them all the way or for flights to aruba from san juan, puerto rico (airport code SJU) or miami, florida USA. (airport code MIA), or new york JFK airport.

SJU, MIA & JFK are all hubs for American so shouldn't be too hard to hook up with them as Jason suggested.

Enjoy the Tamarijn as much as we did!

We have friends in the UK and they tried to use points and $ to get to Aruba for a reasonable price. They could not find anything reasonable via regular Airlines. Especially in the winter.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

We flew KLM, London Heathrow to Aruba, via Amsterdam. It was fine and problem free. Doesn't help with your BA points though, sorry!

Well, that's fantastic info! Thank you to everyone that shed some light on it all for me.
    I'll get straight on and have a look at those US airports as we can always pay for part of the flights and use the points for rest of it.

We haven't been to Aruba before and we're all so excited. I have a feelin' it's gonna be one of those places where we just wanna keep returning time after time.

Whooooo Hoooooo............ nearly there.

Cheers guys

Mia

Hi Mia

There are 14 of us (started out as 7) going to the tam on the 21st July and we are flying from Manchester with first choice also. Any questions just send a message, happy to help. Dont know anything about the BA points though, sorry.
    Leanne

Next Aruba trip in

Hiya
    Sorry cant help you with your BA Points. My husband has lots of KLM Points so we fly from Cardiff to Amsterdam then from there to Aruba. I think Frist Choice is the only British Airliine that goes to Aruba so like the others have said maybe look at the American ones see what they do.

Hi Leanne,

We fly first choice from Manchester on 21st July 08 too, stopping at the tam, there is a large party of 20+ heading to aruba for a wedding.

Jon

Great to have so many visitors from the UK! American and BA work together on some flights. So, if you go through MIA, you should be able to use those BA miles and then pick up an American flight to Aruba.

I'm thinking Aruba is a good value given the pound/dollar/florin ratio these days. Do you find package deals or did you book everything separate?
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast