Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Flying to Aruba on ThanksgivingW

Flying to Aruba on ThanksgivingW

For those that go to Aruba at Thanksgiving, when do you usually book your airfare? Do you have a preference of arriving Thanksgiving Day or the day after?
    We will be staying at Playa Linda starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but thinking about adding 2-3 days before the timeshare starts.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 03-05-2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added info
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    if you are going to be traveling on turkey day, (on SWA) book as soon as they open the flights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    For those that go to Aruba at Thanksgiving, when do you usually book your airfare? Do you have a preference of arriving Thanksgiving Day or the day after?
    We will be staying at Playa Linda starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but thinking about adding 2-3 days before the timeshare starts.

We go Thanksgiving week and generally I book when the flights are first available around 6 months out. Our preference is to get their a few days prior. This year we'll arrive on Monday the 23rd. I know DiviDiviFan and her hubby arrive on Thanksgiving day. This is my favorite time to be in Aruba

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We are going on thanksgiving day. We booked our flights a few weeks ago. I saw a flight I was comfortable with the price and booked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if you are going to be traveling on turkey day, (on SWA) book as soon as they open the flights.
    I don't really want to book until SWA opens their flights so I can compare. I love their nonstop flight times from BWI. I guess I will just be on flight watch and set up my kayak alerts and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We go Thanksgiving week and generally I book when the flights are first available around 6 months out. Our preference is to get their a few days prior. This year we'll arrive on Monday the 23rd. I know DiviDiviFan and her hubby arrive on Thanksgiving day. This is my favorite time to be in Aruba
    Once we have a better idea of our plan, maybe we will get a chance to say hi in person Peg!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I know since Thanksgiving is a USA holiday, flying on that day is usually great because most people don't fly that day. They are where they are going to be for the holiday. The day before or day after is usually crazy. I love that time to go to aruba

This will be our first major US holiday time in Aruba. Our 5th wedding anniversary is December 4th so we decided to go to our happy place.
    Funny story and off topic but after an insane and crazy Thanksgiving day of jumping around to multiple family houses during the early stages of wedding planning, we ended up eloping the next week so that how we have an anniversary so close to Thanksgiving and in the middle of the holiday season.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    As Pegmesiter mentioned we always travel and arrive on Thanksgiving Day. We fly out of BDL (Hartford Ct) I usually book pretty early. This year I saw a very good price so jumped on it and booked Jan 12th. I am a creature of habit and like USAir to Charlotte - AUA. Just used to the schedule, the airport etc. like knowing my way around. I also like to book early to get certain seats. I must say pretty excited you will be there the same time as us! We should try to meet at Pelican's Pier for some buckets of Brights! It would be fun to have a meeting with Peg and Tom and Gaby and everyone else of this forum who will be there. Thanksgiving Day itself we find is pretty quiet at the airports as most people are where they need to be before the actual turkey day so that is a nice plus! We also get a nice turkey dinner and all the fixings at Divi AI after a long day of travel it is so needed and enjoyed.

Tracey, sounds like our dates will overlap so maybe we will be able to catch up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast