Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chadd

Thread: Flying from CA

Flying from CA

So, we booked our plane tickets about a month ago. I try and book on tuesdays and fly midweek, wherever and whenever we fly. However, prices for us from so-cal and EXPENSIVE!! It could definitely be worse, as I looked now and they are even higher, but I've never paid this much for airline tickets. Is this normal? Anyone else fly from Cali?

We fly from Denver and it is very expensive (and loooong). We've found the best prices on American Airlines with a layover in Miami. I'd love to find a quicker and/or cheaper way to get to Aruba!

So, what's the deal with the overnight layover thing in Miami? Do they give you your luggage and you recheck it?? We have a 20 hour layover or some weird thing.

Flying from CA

ummm, we have been flying from the West Coast for years. We have found the airfares very reasonable. Also, as a disclaimer by no means are we rich as we are always looking for the best price.......so I guess I would need your input of your definition of expensive????? We have noticed the ticket prices are pretty static, that is while the price is pretty consistent........the later you book, the longer your travel time will be.

Secondly, our routine is pretty basic as we try and catch the last flight out (between 10:00 pm - Midnight), which puts us on the East Coast by 5am or 6am, no later than 7am. A couple of tips: we try and sleep during the flight so once we land and get ready for the next flight, we can freshen up, change clothing and by the time we land in Aruba (between 12pm - 2pm) we are ready to go....versus needing that day to catch up on sleep. We have never had any major issues with our luggage.
    Last edited by sunscreen; 04-21-2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: grammer

Aruba since 1979
    so many of us on the east coast of the usa, or the midwest are relatively spoiled with either non stop flights or with only one connection and no moving about in numerous time zones.
    i have a real appreciation to those that have to pay large $$ and by that i mean over $700 pp and travel from the west........some from europe may have it a bit easier?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunscreen View Post
    ummm, we have been flying from the West Coast for years. We have found the airfares very reasonable. Also, as a disclaimer by no means are we rich as we are always looking for the best price.......so I guess I would need your input of your definition of expensive????? We have noticed the ticket prices are pretty static, that is while the price is pretty consistent........the later you book, the longer your travel time will be.

Secondly, our routine is pretty basic as we try and catch the last flight out (between 10:00 pm - Midnight), which puts us on the East Coast by 5am or 6am, no later than 7am. A couple of tips: we try and sleep during the flight so once we land and get ready for the next flight, we can freshen up, change clothing and by the time we land in Aruba (between 12pm - 2pm) we are ready to go....versus needing that day to catch up on sleep. We have never had any major issues with our luggage.

From LAX, you could fly Copa via Panama City. The flight leaves LA at midnight Monday night and Arrives in Aruba just after noon for about $622