Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying from California

Flying from California

I am curious as to how many of your Aruba regulars are from California. I'm located in Fresno, so I can easily drive to LAX or SFO. Are there ever any special connections or something I should look out for to save money and time? I remember hearing about a connection (1 day a week) from SFO to somewhere in Texas. However, I cannot seem to find it. Also, I use Kayak as a guide, but am curious if there are any airlines out there that regularly publish special deals from California.

Thanks for the help!

Continental through Houston
    Jet Blue through JFK
    Air Tran through Atlanta or Orando
    American through Miami

We have friends who fly red eye from Denver to JFK on Jet Blue and then on to Aruba. The flight from JFK gets them in to Aruba early afternoon.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check those out.

When we went in 2008 - we left SFO about 11 pm - to JFK - had a 2 hour lay over. Then on to Aruba - landing about 1:45 pm.

We were exhausted!! All the folks who got on at JFK were all fresh & peppy & having a great time & we were tired and grungy. . . . .

When we got to Aruba - we were tired - but very happy!! We got to our room - crawled in bed & slept till about 6 pm. Grabbed sandwhiches from the market - watched the sun set - then back to bed!

It was a very long travel day - but when we woke up the next day - we were in Aruba.

This year we are flying on Delta - with a layover in Atlanta. It will still be a very long day as well, so we are mentally prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
    When we went in 2008 - we left SFO about 11 pm - to JFK - had a 2 hour lay over. Then on to Aruba - landing about 1:45 pm.

We were exhausted!! All the folks who got on at JFK were all fresh & peppy & having a great time & we were tired and grungy. . . . .

When we got to Aruba - we were tired - but very happy!! We got to our room - crawled in bed & slept till about 6 pm. Grabbed sandwhiches from the market - watched the sun set - then back to bed!

It was a very long travel day - but when we woke up the next day - we were in Aruba.

This year we are flying on Delta - with a layover in Atlanta. It will still be a very long day as well, so we are mentally prepared.
    Ah yes, we are well prepared to be dead tired upon our arrival. I think SFO is going to be the winner. LAX is a bit cheaper, but SFO is so much closer.

Out of Phoenix we fly into Houston on Fridays, spend the night, and fly to AUA first thing Sat. morning, arriving around 10:30, and rested. P.S. We get into Houston around 7:00, have dinner and go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Beaches View Post
    Out of Phoenix we fly into Houston on Fridays, spend the night, and fly to AUA first thing Sat. morning, arriving around 10:30, and rested. P.S. We get into Houston around 7:00, have dinner and go to bed.

Is it direct from Houston to AUA on Sat? It may be a bit more for me to go that route, but I like the idea of being fully rested.

Yes, is non-stop, we catch the first flight out on Sat. (4hrs ?) Have Bully pick us up at AUA, and we're at the resort, checked in, drink in hand and on the beach by noon.

We had thought about doing that this year. But then I got a STEAL on first calls tickets so we are going that route. Next time we may just stay the night in New York or Atlanta & take the first flight to Aruba.

Great idea!!

All the nonstop out of Houston seem to be around 1500pp which is a bit out of my price range. I guess I'll have to deal with being tired..hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast