Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying with a child

Aruba since 1979
    i would prefer it to say
    promotes instant sleep ;-)

Benardryl (Diphenhydramine) has a primary use for common colds, but secondary uses to prevent and treat motion sickness, and to treat insomnia. For motion sickness, it should be taken 30 minutes prior.

Our family uses it for itching primarily. Dh takes it occasionally when he has trouble sleeping. It does not make me sleepy but it unclogs my stuffed and itchy ears when flying.

Imo, it is just important to remember to check with your doctor before taking or administering any of these types of over the counter products.

...and like Andrea said,
    no flame wars here. Respect each others opinions and make thoughtful responses

I would advocate bringing along the car seat, assuming it meets FAA requirements. Being just shy of 13 months, the CARES system is not an option. I would take a look at the FAA site for more information if you choose to bring on a car seat.
    http://www.faa.gov/passengers/fly_children/crs/

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    Thank you all so much for your advice!

I fully intend to give Dylan some Benadryl, doctor approved, before we take off.

I do like the CARES system, but we'll have to wait and see if he weighs at least the 22lb minimum in February. He's growing like a weed right now though!

After watching the video on the Kids Fly Safe website about the CARES system about lap babies, we are definately on the train of getting him his own seat. I could never forgive myself if something happened because one of us was holding him and there was turbulance or something. I will check out the FAA website this afternoon as well.

Thank you all again!

I would hold off on the cares if he is even close to the minimum. A seat is a far better option at that age/size

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12