Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Flying from Indy to Aruba in June AirTran

Flying from Indy to Aruba in June AirTran

We are flying from Indy to Aruba 6/2-6/16 and I am not sure when to book our flights. Airtran has the most reasonable flight (short layovers) and since we are traveling with our 2 kids shorter layovers are a must. Airtran is currently at $577/pp which is $2300 for all of us.

My question is, is that a reasonable price and should I book it now? Or should I wait a little longer? I definitely don't want to pay more than that, and was hoping to get away with paying a little less than $500/pp.

Last year we flew there and used travel vouchers, so it was free. Boy was that nice!

Thanks for the input!

Aruba since 1979
    have u checked AA Indy to MIA to AUA?

kayak.com
    airfarewatchdog.com

Yes, and the only flight that isn't an overnight is $800

I'm signed up for the watch sites...the prices haven't budged for the last month.

Aruba since 1979
    personally i do not think anything over $500 is reasonable.
    but, i would hate to see you have to pay even more.

have u priced out the airtran via orlando route?

Yes, Airtran via Orlando & Atlanta are what I have been watching, and both are the same price of $577 (inc taxes).

Paradise ain't cheap!

Capacity is down significantly this year, higher prices should be expected. Especially with oil back over $100 a barrel. Anything under $600 is not bad. Under $500 is a good deal.

Well I did a search for 2 (we are a party of 4) and Airtran had some seats left for $504, so I decided to book at that price and we would have to split up on our connecting flights home, but that would have been OK. I got thru and booked 2 of us at $504/pp which I was really happy with, then got right on to book the other 2 on the different flight at that price and the price was $584! Not super happy about that, but I ended up only going about $150 on what I was hoping to spend. It could always be worse I guess.

Now I can just focus on counting down until we get there

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Capacity is down significantly this year, higher prices should be expected. Especially with oil back over $100 a barrel. Anything under $600 is not bad. Under $500 is a good deal.
    Those are my thoughts as well as far as airfares this year since I've been looking at several of our usual destinations (including Aruba) for business and vacation and they all seem to be higher.

I used ff miles for our Aruba April trip. Don't usually book Sept. until around May so we'll see what the fares look like around then. Last year (and most years) we paid $480 but I'm expecting to pay a little more this year.

I think $504/person out of Indy is a pretty good price.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

United has a flight on Sunday, US Air has some decent returns and good pricss geting in to Indy about midnight.....out the door tomorrow....

Apply for a United CC and get 40,k miles..Chase also has a Sapphire with50k points..
    AA is an over nite deal...
    Look for Airtran to flip with SW sould be fun....
    SW also has a CC with 50k sign up...
    Check flyertalk for info...SPG good deal on hotel with CC points...

Quote Originally Posted by arubanewbie View Post
    We are flying from Indy to Aruba 6/2-6/16 and I am not sure when to book our flights. Airtran has the most reasonable flight (short layovers) and since we are traveling with our 2 kids shorter layovers are a must. Airtran is currently at $577/pp which is $2300 for all of us.

My question is, is that a reasonable price and should I book it now? Or should I wait a little longer? I definitely don't want to pay more than that, and was hoping to get away with paying a little less than $500/pp.

Last year we flew there and used travel vouchers, so it was free. Boy was that nice!

Thanks for the input!
    You may also want to keep an eye on the Delta Indy-Atlanta-Aruba route. The last couple of trips to Aruba that my wife and I have gone on, we booked with Delta for around $450-$500pp. I did notice that AirTran has had some pretty good rates for June, too. We are going June 9-20 this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast