Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Flying into Aruba

Flying into Aruba

Quick flight question.
    It seems to me that when going to aruba you dont go through customs in the US but when you arrive to aruba and then when returning you go through customs in aruba then fly into a standard domestic terminal at the airport . Anyone know more ? I fly out of atlanta but any info would help.

Aruba since 1979
    Arriving into aruba you will go thru aruba immigration and then aruba customs.

Departing Aruba you will go through Aruba immigration and then US Customs
    right there at Aruba airport.
    Arrival back in the USA you deplane get your bags and leave.

US Customs has been Aruba based for over 10 yrs,maybe 15 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Quick flight question.
    It seems to me that when going to aruba you dont go through customs in the US but when you arrive to aruba and then when returning you go through customs in aruba then fly into a standard domestic terminal at the airport . Anyone know more ? I fly out of atlanta but any info would help.

Entering Aruba
    1) You will fill out a Aruba Entry/Depart card (handed out in flight on most airlines). Fill out 1 per person and present it and your passport at Aruba Customs.
    2) When clearing Aruba customs upon entry you will receive part of that card back. Don't lose it; you need it when departing.

Leaving Aruba
    1) Check in with airlines and check bags. You will also get a USA declaration card to fill out (1 per family)
    2) Aruba customs. Again you'll need your passport and the Aruba E/D card.
    3) Aruba checkpoint security.
    4) Pick up your checked bags.
    5) USA customs; they will need your passport and USA declaration card.
    6) TSA does random bag checks. Re-check your checked bags.
    7) TSA security and then your are legally in the United States.

Allow some time at the airport when leaving. Sometimes it's painless and other times not so much. Aruba customs leaving can be slow.

Don't bring sandwiches, salads, fruit and such to the airport when leaving Aruba. The trash bins at USA customs is filled with that stuff.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Thanks jdoll,

We were planning on leaving Divi Village at 12PM for our flight which leaves at 3:51PM.
    Do you think that is early enough to leave for the airport ?

Also when leaving aruba your saying we check our bags then get them back then re-check our bags ? So like we will check them and then go to an internal baggage claim to get them then go through customs then check them with airtran again?

Aruba since 1979
    re: entering Aruba.
    the immigration card is given to aruba immigration and the stub is held onto til they get it back at departure.

when leaving the airport, one passes thru aruba customs right before you leave the building and sometimes tourists are stopped for a looksee and sometimes not. in 38 visits, we have been stopped maybe 2x.

leaving aruba:
    once you leave the airline counter

your first stop is aruba immigration and that is the place you hand over that stub from your immigration card. you also show them your boarding pass and your passport.

you will not be dealing at all with aruba customs on the departure.

you will go thru 2 steps of airline security. the first is right after aruba immigration. the second right after united states customs.

before entering US CUSTOMS hall in aruba, you will pick up your luggage from the carousel areas, bring all of that thru US CUSTOMS and then deposit it on the conveyor belts so it can be then delivered to the baggage handlers.

it works like a well oiled machine.
    it is very easy and methodical.

the more it is explained, the more complicated it sounds.

Flying Delta we were told we MUST use the new International Terminal, Concourse F.

When we arrived we dropped our bags at curbside check-in and proceeded directly to our gate in Concourse E. The plane train connects now between E & F.

Upon return I have a feeling we will also return to concourse E. I have been told that there is a bypass there in the international terminal for travelers who have pre-cleared US Customs.

For information purposes for anyone flying Delta and connecting to a US destination out of Atlanta when returning from Aruba, there will be no need to reclaim luggage in Atlanta. Your baggage will be automatically transferred from your Atlanta flight to your next flight to your final destination.

Called AirTran again and thy said that all international lights check in at new international terminal and we will go through security in new terminal then be shuttled to concourse c and then customs only in Aruba . I'll know for sure Sunday and will arrive 4 hrs in advance in case I get lost .

Arrow No worries

jtwcarboy when we departed ATL on July 9, it was extremely easy. The signs for the INTERNATIONAL terminal are well marked from I-75, if you are coming from 85 I cannot imagine that they would not be as well.

It took us less than an hour from the minute we arrived curbside to the time that we were at our gate in concourse E.

If you are familiar with the plane train, subway like transportation system, it now is just extended to concourse F.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    jtwcarboy when we departed ATL on July 9, it was extremely easy. The signs for the INTERNATIONAL terminal are well marked from I-75, if you are coming from 85 I cannot imagine that they would not be as well.

It took us less than an hour from the minute we arrived curbside to the time that we were at our gate in concourse E.

If you are familiar with the plane train, subway like transportation system, it now is just extended to concourse F.

Thanks for the info, so let me confirm what I think will happen and tell me if I'm wrong.

Arrive at international terminal--> check in who AirTran and leave my checked bags--> go through security --> get shuttled to concourse c which is where my flight departs from--> then upon arrival to Aruba go through customs and then I'm done. Does this sound right ?

Aruba since 1979
    when arriving in aruba, you will go thru
    IMMIGRATION 1st,
    2nd will be your luggage
    and 3rd will be ARUBA CUSTOMS

Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Thanks for the info, so let me confirm what I think will happen and tell me if I'm wrong.

Arrive at international terminal--> check in who AirTran and leave my checked bags--> go through security --> get shuttled to concourse c which is where my flight departs from--> then upon arrival to Aruba go through customs and then I'm done. Does this sound right ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast