Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying out of Boston

Question Flying out of Boston

Hi, I'm new to this site and was hoping for some advice. I'm not going to Aruba until the end of October so I still have plenty of time. However, I've noticed there aren't any non-stop flights (Sun-Sun) from Boston. After reading some posts, it seems like AA cancels or reschedules flights quite a bit. Has anyone had better luck with Jetblue? Do they change flight times as much? Thanks!

You will need to wait until jet blue posts it's schedule. I think Jet Blue is only scheduling through September right now.

I usually fly American out of Boston in Novemeber direct. wait a few weeks and they will post the direct flight. it's flight 1033 to and 1044 home.

Jet Blue will be worth the wait if you can wait for their schedule to extend into October. They are reasonably priced compared to other airlines and most of the time will have direct flights available. So far I have no complaints about Jet Blue. We have flown with them before to other destinations and believe they have a leg up on the competition. My fiance and I flew US Airways back in 2005 to Aruba and our flight out of Boston was moved 4.5 hours later, pretty much wasting that day. By the time we got our bags and got to the hotel and settled in it was almost 7:00PM and all we had eaten was breakfast and snacks so dinner was first on our minds. If the flight had stayed, we could've had an extra afternoon lounging on the beach in sunny Aruba. Our room choice was also not honored due to our late arrival. We are returning in August for our honeymoon and will be flying Jet Blue. I waited for the summer schedule to come out and am glad I did. We are scheduled to arrive at 12:50 PM, plenty of time to enjoy the afternoon and we have a direct flight home. There is a stop at JFK on the way down but that is because we're leaving on a Wednesday. It is only an hour layover so I am OK with it. The flights are approximately $140 a piece cheaper than when I flew to Aruba in 2005. I'm not sure why but no complaints here. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

We use USAIR. They have direct flights.

Thanks

Thank you for all the responses. I will definitely wait until Jetblue comes out with it's schedule and check that out. It sounds like it is worth it.

Also....enjoy your honeymoon!

I got a great deal with American (SAT-SAT) non stop but just as you said they moved the flight times by about 45 minutes.. not a big deal and it got better because we always left early and arrived early!!!!

Jet Blue does not have direct flights from Sun to Sun you have to go through New York US Air does have direct flights on Sundays. Go Pats.
    Next Aruba trip in

That's good to know, thank you!

We just flew JetBlue and it was OK
    The direct TV stopped receiving signal after Miami on the way down, on the return trip, we were so far off the coast, we did not pick up signal until about NJ

The non-stop was great, we left Boston @ 7:00 am, met Bully at the Airport, and were on the beach by 2:00 pm. The return trip was just as easy, scheduled to leave @ 1:40 pm (actually left @ 1:30 pm) and back into Boston by 5:15 pm.

I found that during the week flights much less expensive, round trip per person was $139 and $159. Plus both airport are less busy, so you zip thru customs and security.

Originally we were coming home on Sunday, but each ticket was around $400, coming home Monday was only $159.
    Plus when we booked early, each time they had a sale, we received a credit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast